• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New August 2019 Vacheron Tourbillon

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
It has a incorrect case size/shape and movement but I think over all it's a good looking watch.

Also when it comes to tourbillons mostly they have a lot of flaws. This one has a good looking well decorated tourbillon cage at least.

I have therefore ordered it in rosegold. I think I will have it in 2 weeks. Will do a full review of it.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Bastapart thanks! Did you order from PureTime? In the pics on Puretime it does not have the blue screw. Maybe this was a prototype?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
It has a incorrect case size/shape and movement but I think over all it's a good looking watch.

Also when it comes to tourbillons mostly they have a lot of flaws. This one has a good looking well decorated tourbillon cage at least.

I have therefore ordered it in rosegold. I think I will have it in 2 weeks. Will do a full review of it.

JM as always I look forward to your review!

I think I will get grey dial stainless case. I just picked up a 5227R ZF rose gold white dial so I am looking for a different color.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
JM as always I look forward to your review!

I think I will get grey dial stainless case. I just picked up a 5227R ZF rose gold white dial so I am looking for a different color.

Thanks for the confidence mate.

I understand. The grey dial rep of the excellence platine is also very nice. I was considering that also but I need a rosegold one.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok thanks again Bustapart. I'll check with the TD I usually order from and see if they can confirm the blue screw in the tourbillon. Thanks!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Ok thanks again Bustapart. I'll check with the TD I usually order from and see if they can confirm the blue screw in the tourbillon. Thanks!
BustaPart
I just got the QC from Trusty on the Rosegold. It is the exact model shown on Puretime pictures. It doesn't have the grey screw. Also on the dial there is the print "Pt950", meaning the dial is of platine, which is not the case in the rosegold model.
I knew these two faults before ordering, so i approved the QC.

But the flaws are piling up in this watch:
Dial-print "Pt950"
No grey screw on tourbillon
Larger diameter and thickness
Different shape of lugs
Manual movement

I hope the beauty of the watch compensates for all this.

Reactions: majwilliams0308

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
BustaPart
I just got the QC from Trusty on the Rosegold. It is the exact model shown on Puretime pictures. It doesn't have the grey screw. Also on the dial there is the print "Pt950", meaning the dial is of platine, which is not the case in the rosegold model.
I knew these two faults before ordering, so i approved the QC.

But the flaws are piling up in this watch:
Dial-print "Pt950"
No grey screw on tourbillon
Larger diameter and thickness
Different shape of lugs
Manual movement

I hope the beauty of the watch compensates for all this.

JM sorry to hear about the screw on the tourbillon. Did you mean to say blue screw?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
JM sorry to hear about the screw on the tourbillon. Did you mean to say blue screw?

It's the rosegold mate. It has a grey screw.
vacheron-constantin-6000t-000r-b346_image-01.png

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The gen has a blue screw and a grey screw yes? Are you saying that your QC has 2 blue screws?

The RG gen has 3 silver and 1 grey screw.

Mine (QC photo) has no grey screw it seems. It has 2 silver screws.

blue screws is in the platinum gwn only.