• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut Chronograph Reference 5968A: what are your thoughts?

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
However 11,9mm in hight are freaking crazy and will be hard to achieve with some of the standard chronograph movements...

the slim A7750 from IWC/ ARF Daytona won't work because of the missing date complication, am i right?

Also the issue is that the A7750 has the minute counter at 12 o'clock while at 6 o'clock (where the Aquanaut has the minute counter) you have the 12 hour Timer...the only rep which comes to mind with a similar layout and the A7750 inside is the Yachtmaster II by JF, which is 14mm thick, but then it has no date either...

importsteven

Horology Curious
14/10/19
Is this the most recent thread for Aquanaut 5968?

so OMF factory has this 5968A model, most TDs are selling that one. However, I also found, YL factory has this model too, it's about 30% cheaper than OMF. (I'm not looking for cheaper, I'm looking for better one, and I found sometimes cheaper can be better). I've got below pics of YL model from my dealer (not TD, and I couldn't verify the pics).

Short question: has anyone seen side by side comparison between YL and OMF version? Which one is better to go? Or is there any more recent information, if there is a plan to release a better version by other factory, especially with reduced thickness?