• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Dial grenade
8bce92cf6c9fdb086e84f8f1b3322a00.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read an article which said the Aquanaut was meant to be an officer watch for some Middle East military, hence why the first model had a dial texture resembling a grenade. Afterwards it became more "world" like as PP wanted to give a different image (more world traveler I guess).

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
KM look the winner thickness, I wish ZF save this replication and press it to 8.5

Reactions: vcappp

AgentPena

Supporter
28/3/18
South East Asia
I agree, it’s not about being called out or what others see, it’s more about wearability and comfort, on watches that are designed specifically to be thin, even less than 1mm makes a big difference.

I removed the deco plates and changed the caseback on my ARF, the difference is just over 0.6mm and it makes the watch feel much better on the wrist.

ARF should just get rid of the deco plates and make their watches gen thickness. I'm not sure why they see this as selling point to their clients, either way the tachy is faux. Nobody can see the movement with a closed caseback.

may I know what caseback did you use and was removing the deco plate fairly easy without modifying the movement?

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
ARF should just get rid of the deco plates and make their watches gen thickness. I'm not sure why they see this as selling point to their clients, either way the tachy is faux. Nobody can see the movement with a closed caseback.

may I know what caseback did you use and was removing the deco plate fairly easy without modifying the movement?

Since when arf do aquanaut?

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Looks like a happy owner

Indeed quite happy with the purchase.

Perfect DW

The DW is not perfect but close. I had to adjust it a bit by loosening the movement holder screws and the dial holder screws and aligning it a bit more. Now half of the Digits 14 to 30 is centered and the lower digits 31-13 rides a bit high. Good thing is the DW alignment is adjustable to a certain degree.

But overall pretty impressive watch. ZF did a good job.

Tip for sizing the Strap. Cut it Two slots bigger than you think you'll need on both sides. If too big you can go down in size. I made the mistake and cut one side one slot too short, it's not too tight that it cuts of blood circulation. But I would have liked it a tad bit looser.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Is blue in 40mm a fantasy version? Haven't found any SS in blue. Only one I saw is the 5167 I'm silver and it's a 42mm. Or am I missing something? Too bad it looks good ;)