• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New AP Ti Chronopassion

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
I just e-filed my taxes :D heeelllooow chronopassion!

Let's just hope it comes out right

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
el bumperoo!

isn't CNY over?? Will someone please get them producing this already!!

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
My guess is the first dealers will start selling around the 14th, but to be safe, better count around the 20th of February ... :)

vdubpower

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/06
question...so how many of the "wrong " versions do u think they made? hundreds, thousands?

any why does it take US buyers noticing the glaring difference from gen for the makers to go back and do it right.....?

__iceman__

Known Member
13/12/10
el bumperoo!

isn't CNY over?? Will someone please get them producing this already!!

Officially its a 15 day period of CNY. And companies will select which day to start work. Esp in CHina, big deal as many workers go back to the provinces for home leave and some take 2 weeks off. And many do not ever return to the same factory but may take a job in another just for a change. So if the rep is made in a cheap factory, you can bet that there may not be great attraction to resume work there. High turnover during this period is extremely common. How this impacts quality I don't know. I would say that the less structured the factory is, the more vulnerable it would be. We certainly cannot expect Patek or AP level of robustness in the quality systems. :thinking:

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Factories Will re- open around the 12...be patient is a vertue....:lol:

mchou

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/10
That case looks amaaaazing.
#1 watch on my shortlist now.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Lay is back on the 14th so I'm guessing all the rest will start working then as well

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Yep, some even later, but the 14th is the date most dealers start again.

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Officially its a 15 day period of CNY. And companies will select which day to start work. Esp in CHina, big deal as many workers go back to the provinces for home leave and some take 2 weeks off. And many do not ever return to the same factory but may take a job in another just for a change. So if the rep is made in a cheap factory, you can bet that there may not be great attraction to resume work there. High turnover during this period is extremely common. How this impacts quality I don't know. I would say that the less structured the factory is, the more vulnerable it would be. We certainly cannot expect Patek or AP level of robustness in the quality systems. :thinking:

Someone just took me back to school ;)

thx iceman, I really didn't know that :D now why can't we have a 15day holiday in the states?!

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
BUMP!!!

My love for this is strong!
I have not lost hope yet!......well not all ;)

SidakCo

Horology Curious
29/10/10
Yes, I'm interested in one as well.

So this batch that's becoming available will be as good as if I bought the brushed version and had it sent to TAKA for sand blasting?

Please please let me know when this becomes available! I will be purchasing one asap!

SidakCo

Horology Curious
29/10/10
Also, is it possible to get the grey theme?

Like this:
26170TI.OO.1000TI.01-audemars-piguet-royal-oak-offshore-titanium-gray.jpg

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
yes the trusted dealers have it, but unfortunately it's not Ti like the gen... ;( otherwise I would have gotten it!

tedjosg2003

Known Member
2/12/10
So I assume it's SS ? Anyway anyone hav experience on Ti case? I heard that the movement become noisy (since Ti is thinner than SS)

polaris

27/11/08
So I assume it's SS ? Anyway anyone hav experience on Ti case? I heard that the movement become noisy (since Ti is thinner than SS)

I have a Ti PAM177L and that thing is F*CKING NOISY. Drives me bat-sh*t insane at night if it is on the nightstand. 6497 and glass back have some to do with it. I would expect a Ti ROO to be fairly quiet with the solid caseback and less noisy a7750.

Not thinner but less dense.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
I have a Ti PAM177L and that thing is F*CKING NOISY. Drives me bat-sh*t insane at night if it is on the nightstand. 6497 and glass back have some to do with it. I would expect a Ti ROO to be fairly quiet with the solid caseback and less noisy a7750.

Not thinner but less dense.

Put it in a pelican case and it will quieter than death :D