• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New: AP diver V8 on puretime

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
the thick font looks like it's from NOOB v5. What is the serial num alphabet behind? Diver is the best out of box rep we can get. default movement 2824 is already good for me. Low beat suppose to looks more 'authentic', but my old eye can't notice unless you put it side by side.

The_masteres

Horology Curious
19/4/14
Greenish tinge on daylight ?? That's rather strange IMHO and does not match with the "black" dial .

any others opinion ?

nofitstate

20/7/13
Greenish tinge on daylight ?? That's rather strange IMHO and does not match with the "black" dial .

any others opinion ?

The dial may be black but the lume colour of the indexes on the dial have a greenish tinge (like a lot of lume) and on the V7 these match the hands perfectly.

The_masteres

Horology Curious
19/4/14
The dial may be black but the lume colour of the indexes on the dial have a greenish tinge (like a lot of lume) and on the V7 these match the hands perfectly.

Many thanks, it is know clear ! How about the v8 ? And how about the gen (greenish or white indexes + hands) ?

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
ROOD gens are well known for having appalling lume relative to other divers so this would tally with AP using C1 superluminova which is white and has the lowest level of light emission. However I have seen a photo of the lume glow of the gen ceramic diver and that appears to be a blue glow, which would indicate the use of BGW9 superluminova which is also white but has similar glow time to the most powerful lume C3 which Panerai uses.

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
After so many reviews by everyone am Confused Which Version shall I get. Pls suggest guys. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nofitstate

20/7/13
After so many reviews by everyone am Confused Which Version shall I get. Pls suggest guys. Thanks.

V7 it's a very good watch and doesn't have the open case back. So no decoration plates added to the movement, so less to go wrong with it.

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
V7 it's a very good watch and doesn't have the open case back. So no decoration plates added to the movement, so less to go wrong with it.

Thanks buddy will get the V7 [emoji106][emoji106]

nofitstate

20/7/13
Thanks buddy will get the V7 [emoji106][emoji106]

No problem. Take time when viewing the QC pics, especially where the dial is concerned. I recently received one with a small scratch to the lettering on it.

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
No problem. Take time when viewing the QC pics, especially where the dial is concerned. I recently received one with a small scratch to the lettering on it.

Thanks mate. Great to have people like you on RWI [emoji108]

Rotador

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/14
I still don't have any idea about what have been improved from v7 to v8. I know that movement has been changed from A2824 to miyota. What about the case, dial or fonts?

matthew90

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/14
I still don't have any idea about what have been improved from v7 to v8. I know that movement has been changed from A2824 to miyota. What about the case, dial or fonts?

Far as my knowledge goes, no changes have ever been done except the movement and the caseback but the Experts could chime in about it!

demolitionman

7/2/14
Also pay close attention to date, some are not centered and are slightly slanted, on my V6/V7 (mash-up with I serial number) the date is crooked/slanted on some numbers and you can see the next date peaking at the top if you look for it, and some are centered well. Bezel numbers aren't as big as gen, but passable.
I'm extremely happy with it though...

achapgase

16/5/14
I love my V7, such a great watch, when i first got it i was amazed but the quality, feel and gen look you could get for such a price. Just got a low beat ETA Swiss movement in it and i love it even more !