• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New A-2836 "SuperClone" movement

discog

Known Member
9/6/11
Hello RWI

I noticed this post on the puretime site today:

http://puretimewatch.com/blog/166/

It says they have watches available with a new, higher quality ETA 2836 clone. He stops just short of calling it a 1:1 clone (snicker). I'm no expert, but the pics look nice. If this isn't just marketing hype, it could be a great alternative to "refurbished" "Swiss" movements.

What say the experts?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I think the movement is out to a few people to dear down and critique so that we can see if this really is a decent clone of the 2836. If it has 100% interchangeability with 2836 parts then that really is excellent news. If it also keeps time as good as he says it does then it's also excellent news!

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
Can't wait to hear a breakdown review. Maybe start a donation pool to buy a movement and send it to wiz for a review.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Looking forward to any updated information to see if these really exist and how good they are...

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Yes, very nice looking. I got this in my email from him. Looks like I need to pick one up and check it out.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Hmmm... :thinking:

This could be a game changer...

andries

Known Member
3/1/11
Angus mentioned that Vac got sample of this movement and Smidsy as well. I guess we just have to wait for nice detailed review. :)

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
The REAL problem is: >>>

Even if there is a truly is such a development, what guarantee will we have that we are actually going to get one in the watch we order..??
My experience over the past 5+ yrs in this hobby has been that our Asian friends have no problem telling us "whatever we want to hear" in order to complete a sale...
After spending several years in the far east during my navy years, I adopted the motto:
"You can always tell when a salesman is lying to you...Their lips are moving"
I can honestly say that the trusted dealers on the various rep fora are atypically honest for the most part, but they also have a history of creating obfuscatory phrases like "synthetic sapphire" and "Swiss ETA" that serve to confuse the unwary or uninformed...
I hope this won't become another example of that phenomenon, but I'm not overly optimistic !!

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Your right Frank. I have seen this as well. We thought we were getting swiss for years, then someone discovered the eta clones is what we were most likely getting. It wont change. It is illegal after all.

discog

Known Member
9/6/11
I've been reading about movements a bit lately, and was surprised to find that some gen watches are made with "Swiss" ETA-based movements which are really from China but only finished in Switzerland. Apparently this is legal according to Swiss law.

It looks like the rep maker is being more honest than some gen makers in this case. Unless the "SuperClone" is actually made in Antarctica, that is.... :lolcina:

Thanks for the responses everybody, they mean a lot for a noob trying to find his way.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
I am curious as well.

In order to preserve this:

Source: http://www.puretimewatch.com/blog/166/

Asian 2836 SuperClone -- A New and Better Replacement Movement for the Swiss ETA-2836-2

08/02/2011 01:15:19
I know there are still many of you keep ordering Swiss ETA movement because of the unstable and unreliable Asian 2836/2824 clone movements.​
Today I am proud to announce the new Asian 2836 SuperClone movement which is 100% same structure as the ETA-2836 movement where the old Asian 2836 Clone movement is only about 30%-40% structurally same as the ETA-2836 movement.​
Of course I am only telling what the noob maker told me about this movement and I am not an expert on this either. I will leave the comments to all of you and I hope to hear from some experts here​
Vac is already taking the pioneer to review this brand new movement but I bet he has not received it yet as I shipped to him last week​
I think SMIDSY would be interested in reviewing it as well? heehee​
The Noob Rolex 316F ultimate editions were only available in Rolex clone and ETA movements and today I am releasing 4 models of the ultimate Noob Rolex with this SuperClone movement and they are US$50 cheaper than the Rolex Clone/ETA movement models and it will be definitely a good news to those who are deciding between the expensive ultimate and non-ultimate Rolex models, now we have an inexpensive option and with a much better movement.​
But I can understand your hesitation because it is indeed a new movement, what I can say it is truely a very good movement. Please pay attention to the 2 time graphs I did with the 2 separate movements, both movements were NON-REGULATED (I can swear to whoever you want me to) and I have even placed them in the light box for picturing and the time graph machine (naked! ). The time graph readings really impress me for an Asian automatic movement. What do you think?​
Here are the movement images and the time graph readings, any comments are welcomed

ETA2836SC-01_3a038.512.jpg

ETA2836SC-03_715f3.512.jpg

ETA2836SC-05_32a38.512.jpg

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
So far the main problems with the Asian movements are the assembly and QC. Not the design.

If this is better on that score, great. Otherwise it is just another Asian close, with the difference that it is much harder to tell from pictures if it Asian or not.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yeah, but if it's cheaper and can take Gen ETA replacement parts then that's awesome news for our watch smiths on the board as well.

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
Does this also include the asian movement they are putting in the new breitling SO abyss?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
Yeah, but if it's cheaper and can take Gen ETA replacement parts then that's awesome news for our watch smiths on the board as well.

yes if this is really true i will buy this movement for this reason. i expect problems with these watches. but if you can put good parts in them that changes things a bit to me.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
LMAO! Cartel have it as "Movement: Asian Premiere Clone (1-1)2836-2 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph "

whyser

19/6/10
How is this any different from the other A2836-2 movement?
Or are they comparing it to the A2836?

Is this just marketing hype to get people to buy this movement?