• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nervous about buying Mille Miglia GT XL Chrono

nirish

Horology Curious
28/12/14
Hi everyone, I am on the verge of making my first ever replica purchase after spending some time on the forum over the past few months.

I'm just finding myself very nervous now it comes to it about spending $433 with a seller from asia and fears about the watch stopping or me not knowing how to treat it properly and damaging it.

Any words of advice for or against before I take the plunge ?? Buying from torobravo if I pull myself together !!

DESCRIPTION: From H Factory upgrade version , with super lumed dial
CASE: Stainless steel
MOVEMENT: A07.211 clone movement Working chronograph
DIMENSIONS: 44mm x 14.2mm
CRYSTAL: Sapphire with Superb AR coating
STRAP / BRACELET: Rubber strap

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
- ALWAYS set the date when the hour and minute hands point to 6.30
- Don't wind the watch manually.
- Use the chrono sparingly.
When you do, be sure you reset it to 0 when the seconds hand is between 55 and 05 secs.

If you follow the above your movement should be fine and work well.

Oh, I forgot... enjoy your Mille Miglia, it's one of the best reps available and one of the nicest watches around :)
What color did you choose?

nirish

Horology Curious
28/12/14
Quite pleasant to get some sound advice and some positivity.

I ran my purchase past a few people in the chat box and the general consensus seemed to be I was made getting a replica with an A7750 movement especially as my first. To be honest it has made me completely rethink the whole idea and whether I should be buying a chrono watch at all.

I'm not actually remotely interested in using the chrono, I just like chrono watches in appearance !!

Can I ask as a bit of a novice, when you say don't manually wind the watch, what is the alternative, does it just keep working on it's own ??

nirish

Horology Curious
28/12/14
Oh and I was going to go for black if I go ahead and it's definitely available !!

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Black is very nice, but my fav is grey :)
The watch is automatic, i.e. it winds while you wear it.
If you don't wear it for a couple of days and it stops, just gently shake it for a while.

nirish

Horology Curious
28/12/14
Gently shake the watch, this sounds humorous to a novice but great advice. Does this mean each time you pick up the watch for use you need to shake it and then set the time ??

I've been perusing your collection, absolutely love the Carrera Day-Date although your amazing pictures show it off so well. Also love some of the straps, really set the watches off.

I could be tempted by the Carrera Day-Date with a similar brown strap and then a Mille Miglia non chrono if I could source one so I don't have two A7750 reps !!

WatchKink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/2/15
Whats with the issues then? is it a 7750?

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Gently shake the watch, this sounds humorous to a novice but great advice. Does this mean each time you pick up the watch for use you need to shake it and then set the time ??

I've been perusing your collection, absolutely love the Carrera Day-Date although your amazing pictures show it off so well. Also love some of the straps, really set the watches off.

I could be tempted by the Carrera Day-Date with a similar brown strap and then a Mille Miglia non chrono if I could source one so I don't have two A7750 reps !!

Sounds funny but that's how it is :)

Once the watch is fully wound it should have a power reserve of 24 to 40 hours, which means if you take it off the wrist before going to bed at night, it should still be running when you wake up.
I change my watches daily, so they often run out of charge, but if you plan to wear it everyday you will only have to adjust the time every once in a while.
Btw this applies to any automatic movement.

Regarding the Carrera and the 21j GTXL, they should still be available from our dealers :)

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Great advices from Kilo! You've chosen great watch! Don't worry about 7750 movement, just be careful with it and listen to advices above and you'll be fine. Most of us are spending much more than $400 on our reps, sometimes it happens that they have some issues (in my case with ~30 watches passed through the collection, I only had to service one of them and my TD gave me discount on the second order in amount I paid for a service) but these are amazing watches for money. You'll love it when you put it on your wrist.
If there will be any problem with your watch, Toro will take care of it.

Btw my next rep will be MM GTXL also in black. ;) Let us know when you get it and share some pics.

nirish

Horology Curious
28/12/14
Kilo, is this the same Tag replica which you have ??
http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=76_116_165&product_id=171

Looks like an absolute beauty but given that many advise against the A7750 I should probably decide between this and the GT XL Chrono rather than getting both.

The only 21J GTXL I can find so far has design in the middle of the face which I am much less keen on
http://www.pure-time.com/product/mille-miglia-gmt-cream-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-a23j/

It's actually listed as a 23J model, off to read what the difference is now !!

fspot

Known Member
11/11/10
EU
Go black

IMG_0759.jpg

h799

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
1/5/15
D

d4m.test

Grey is the better replica but black is more beautiful...

GranGTXXL2015bra.jpg