• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need your help...

bibwiilistyle

Horology Curious
22/2/24
I ordered a watch I have never seen in person... I just have loved the pics I have seen online. It is the Omega Aqua Terra Worldtimer Summer Blue with the rubber blue strap. I am posting a QC pic with the understanding that I can if I am asking a specific question. So here goes... the dial color on this looks quite off compared to pics I have seen. And the date window appears blue when in pics I have seen of gen seems white. Is this acceptable?

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
Only you can decide if this is acceptable or not, but the date wheel won't change color just because you give it a RL..
If this is the watch you want and this one is from VSF, it is the best one available in my opinion.

This is a replica, it will never be 100%.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Difficult to say if the blue is off on pictures. It depends on the lighting. Where did you see a gen with a white datewheel ?

Reactions: Dave2302

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Here we have a very specific problem. I'll put it to you straight. VSF - who are actually known for very good reps - have really gone to shit with the colors of the "Summer Blue" models (except for the Ultra Deep). Now anyone who knows anything about photography knows that this can be concealed in the photos with clever exposure and good post processing. Honestly, many photos of the TDs don't have much to do with the real watch. So the QC is realistic, the offer photos are the problem. If your TD also advertises with photos that show the colors much better, that would be a reason to reject the watch. But you have to know that for yourself.

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
Here we have a very specific problem. I'll put it to you straight. VSF - who are actually known for very good reps - have really gone to shit with the colors of the "Summer Blue" models (except for the Ultra Deep). Now anyone who knows anything about photography knows that this can be concealed in the photos with clever exposure and good post processing. Honestly, many photos of the TDs don't have much to do with the real watch. So the QC is realistic, the offer photos are the problem. If your TD also advertises with photos that show the colors much better, that would be a reason to reject the watch. But you have to know that for yourself.
This one is perhaps controversial, but is it really fair to give RL for known "issues" on a watch? It's not like the TD´s can ask for a better one from the factory, they will get the same in return until VSF makes a V2.

Anyways, OP, before you make your next purchase you should do some research BEFORE buying. The issues mentioned above are written about in several reviews on this site - just a friendly advise which will help you maintain a good relationship with the TDs :)

And of course, if you don't like how the watch looks - don't buy it!

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
This one is perhaps controversial, but is it really fair to give RL for known "issues" on a watch? It's not like the TD´s can ask for a better one from the factory, they will get the same in return until VSF makes a V2.
Full ACK.
My own view is that I am fully responsible for what I order. Incidentally, I ordered the VSF AT summerblue myself and was shocked at the QC. Fortunately, I found a buyer here on M2M. So the loss was limited.
Maybe it looks a bit different when a TD lures customers with "unrealistic" pictures. That's what I asked above.
I don't know whether there is a "repiquette" for such cases. As I said, I always take the watches. But I don't want to say whether everyone "has to" do this.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The date wheel isn’t blue - the shadow has a colour cast because the white balance of the pic is inaccurate. And because the white balance is off, it’s also impossible to tell how accurate the blue of the dial is.

bibwiilistyle

Horology Curious
22/2/24

Anyways, OP, before you make your next purchase you should do some research BEFORE buying. The issues mentioned above are written about in several reviews on this site - just a friendly advise which will help you maintain a good relationship with the TDs :)

And of course, if you don't like how the watch looks - don't buy it!
I actually did research the watch and the VSF version. I must have missed any specific complaints about the color difference. Anyway, I did approve the purchase, but I would say it would have been just as fair to refuse and pick a different watch.