• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need your help! I bought a fake 'genuine' 16610

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
they used to confiscate them 15-20 years ago. And that’s a fact. Policies may have changed since then.

Of course they’ll give it back. How would duped buyers or law enforcement move forward if they didn’t??? Ffs...

BROGG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/21
Berthoud, Colorado
The watch arrives today where I bought it from. I will ask him to send some pics of the movement, as I'm sure he will ikely be taking the caseback off! :)

Last edited:

BROGG

7/1/21
Berthoud, Colorado
The watch arrives today where I bought it from. I will ask him to send some pics of the movement, as I'm sure he will likely be taking the caseback off.

McPwn

21/9/20
Z8LPNJ.png

Center hand stack hole looks too big, maybe ETA movement?

The polish job looks bad, esp the CG look too pointed. Otherwise its pretty good, might be a franken of some sort. Date wheel and bezel insert look OK.

The other strange thing is that its a flat 'S' dial - those are uncommon in my experience. Were there even any reps with flat 'S' dials? I'd guess they'd be rare if there were any at all, or its a gen dial.

I also have the latest ARF 16610 and this is not it, unless it was frankened. The bold date wheel and bezel insert on the ARF are giveaways.

Last edited:

BROGG

7/1/21
Berthoud, Colorado
Well the guy that sold it to me took it back to the place he acquired it from. They combed over it and came to the conclusion that it is a genuine watch and maybe just had some parts that weren't genuine? I wish I could have got some pics of the movement, but it is what it is. They said they won't sell it as a genuine or atleast be honest about the paperwork that is associated with the watch. Thanks for all the help guys! My eyes are wide open now!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The case is rep, looks like a JF. Everything else looks gen, except the movement which isn't visible obviously.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
, except the movement which isn't visible obviously.

It's certainly NOT a 3135 clone that is 100% for sure. Look at the crown height..

This is a 2836 or something even thinner. The crown on a 3135 sits with 7 splines above the shoulders. A 2836 sits 5 splines high - like that one.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It's certainly NOT a 3135 clone that is 100% for sure. Look at the crown height..

This is a 2836 or something even thinner. The crown on a 3135 sits with 7 splines above the shoulders. A 2836 sits 5 splines high - like that one.

Why the caps ?

I never said it was a 31350 clone, I said the case is rep, and it's impossible to determine what the movement is because it's not visible.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I’m sure JF had a 3135 clone so it’s not JF.

Hard to believe it passed an inspection by the seller, if in doubt, there’s no doubt. I think the seller knew fine well it was a rep.

Last edited: