• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need info Dissasembling this

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
Dear All,

I'm just into this modifying watch.
A friend gave me this fantasy corum, which i dont think i will ever use, so i'm going to modify it.
I want to disassembly this watch movement, can anyone tell me how to remove the crown?
and what should i do after that?

Here's the pic :

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Looks like the stemrelease is on the rightuppercorner next to the small wheel on the left of the stem

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
There you go. You press down on this button when you remove and reinsert the stem. DO NOT push down hard on this or you will mess up the keyless works. When you remove the stem lay it down in the same position that it was removed. Then reinsert it the same way it came out.

pinvx5.jpg

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
woohoooo,thank you fakemaster i got the stem off, you are indeed the master.
now i'm stuck again, so i would need your direction again :)
i could not take the movement off, only the plastic bit went off.

i've check the link, but i still have no idea, which movement on the watch belong to.

i've checked another link stated that i have to take off the half circle piece out. is that right?

really appreciate all the help :) this is my first attempt to dissemble the watch, and i figure i'm just going to jump into the water, hehehehe

so here's the pic after i took out the stem

what should i do next? please direct me master....
is it the same with this movement? viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2426

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
do a bit of searching and reading bro, and you will find loads of information and tutorials on this

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
After further investigation it is the same movement with the post from edge
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2426

but the missing part is, i still dont know how to he got the movement + the dial off the case.
i've turned the case upside down, but the movement still strongly attached with the case

please help....

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Just to be clear did the movement come out or is it stuck in there?

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
the movement stuck / wont come out from the case

i've took out the plastic bit, but i cant take out the movement

do i need to take out the crown / glass first?

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
By the crown I assume you mean the bezel. The answer is no. What has happened is they used a dial that was slightly too large. Of course they were not going to shave it so they just jammed it in there, Such is the world we live in. You str going to have to find a way to grasp the side of the movement and pull the whole thing out. But be very careful. Try to put something like a piece of cloth betwen what ever aparatus you use and the sides of the movement. I would use channel locks and grasp it at the 11 oclock and 5 oclock positions as the are no gears there. Looking from the back it would be the 7 oclock and 1 oclock positions.

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
YEAHHHH.....Thank you Master for the tutorial, i finally get the movement out.

Here's the pic of the movement.
I think i used a bit too much power, that when i pulled it out, there was a "crack"ing sound.
Here's the pic of the movement

After further inspection, i think one of the pin that hold the movement in position is broken when i took out the movement.
- ref no.2

Here's the pic of the broken pin

Now the only thing left to be done is to take out the Bezel ,and the dial, as you can see, the hour, minute and sec hand is trap inside, hehehe. Any suggestion on how to take it apart is most welcome.

From the look of it, the sec hand is already broken. so i will continue without the sec hand. anyway that's what i had in mind from the start.

I probably will cover the date wheel as well, so the finish product will only have hour and minute hands. Unless i found a way to change the existing datewheel into the one that i like. probably customized it, has anyone ever try to make their own date wheel??

Excuse my blabbering, but i'm really excited with this project, hehehe

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
Yeap it's a mess right now, but hopefully will be something after i modified it, hehehe, i hope.....

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
Additional Pics of the case from the side

Thanks to master for the guidance :)

I will cover the existing hole for the sec hand and the date to create a more simple looking watch

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
After further instruction from FakeMaster,

I finally get the casing apart, by sliding a blade around the bezel, they went off pretty easy.

So here's the pic of the Case, Bezel with the Glass, Dial, Rehaut, and the Hands

Pic of the movement from the top including the hands

Not sure whether i have damaged the mechanism to put the hand back to the movement - expert opinion is needed in this area :)

Pic of the hands from both sides

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
After all of that process, now begin the designing process,

I would also need an expert opinion in this one.

The concept of the final product will be without the date wheel, and the second, so there will be only a basic Hour and Minute Hands, like Pam 002.

Which off the 4 do you like? and i should go to
1. Dial only

2. Dial + Rehatu - the rehaut wont be this decorated, and will be the same color as the dial

3. Dial only, with the 12 facing 1 o'clock or probably to 11 o'clock

4. Dial + Rehatu, with the 12 facing 1 o'clock or other direction

Your expert opinions is matter to me so please participate :)
thanks in advance :)