• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

need help with QC Rolex Explorer 124270 36 mm GMF 1:1 Best Edition VR3230

Kakadu007

Horology Curious
4/6/21
Hi Everyone,

I just received the QC pictures of my Explorer 124270 36 mm GMF 1:1 Best Edition VR3230. I am new to this and would appreciate if you guys could help me do the QC on it Please. Thanks in advance.

1. Dealer name: Jtime
2.Factory name: GMF

3.Model name: 124270 36mm Explorer

4.Album Links with Photos and videos:

5.Index alignment:

6.Dial Printing:

7. Date Wheel: There's no date wheel in this model

8.Hand Alignment:

9.Bezel:

10.Solid End Links (SELs):

11. Timegrapher numbers:

12: Anything else you notice:

Pictures removed by Staff. Please read QC Rules -Cicero

Last edited by a moderator:

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Before ya get destroyed, read the below please:

This one was written by the Bossman himself:

Then you should remove the pictures and start again ;)

Kakadu007

Horology Curious
4/6/21
Before ya get destroyed, read the below please:

This one was written by the Bossman himself:

Then you should remove the pictures and start again ;)
I could not figure out how to edit the post and remove the pics but looks like the moderator removed it already. Thanks and sorry about it. I am new to this :)

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I could not figure out how to edit the post and remove the pics but looks like the moderator removed it already. Thanks and sorry about it. I am new to this :)

The main purpose of QC is to make sure there are no glaring errors. Hugely obvious ones.
Like missing a lume dot, or horribly misaligned dial markers. Or scratches etc.

But not to zoom in 50x. If you're happy with the pictures, and the timegrapher results, and they align with those that members have discussed in the thread for the watch, then it's a green light.

But at the end of the day though, not trying to pressure you, it's your money so your decision.

Always recall this though, if/ when people zoom in x 50, perspective is key.

Reactions: Feefo

Kakadu007

Horology Curious
4/6/21
The main purpose of QC is to make sure there are no glaring errors. Hugely obvious ones.
Like missing a lume dot, or horribly misaligned dial markers. Or scratches etc.

But not to zoom in 50x. If you're happy with the pictures, and the timegrapher results, and they align with those that members have discussed in the thread for the watch, then it's a green light.

But at the end of the day though, not trying to pressure you, it's your money so your decision.

Always recall this though, if/ when people zoom in x 50, perspective is key.

Thank you for your reply. This is the first time for me so I did not know even where to start. I researched the model and Factory and the reviews were mostly positive however, QC is not easy especially if you have never done it before. I was even thinking if someone could provide QC service for a fee that would be a good option for someone like me.

davidc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/22
Thank you for your reply. This is the first time for me so I did not know even where to start. I researched the model and Factory and the reviews were mostly positive however, QC is not easy especially if you have never done it before. I was even thinking if someone could provide QC service for a fee that would be a good option for someone like me.
Viewing your first QC picture or video is never easy because you are always afraid you might be missing something and not sure what to look for, but as you said you did your research and decided on what YOU wanted and from who. Someone else could look at your same QC pics and say its great while YOU might look and see something that YOU dislike. Also keep in mind that these are replicas you are always going to have something that's off from genuine.
A good thing to do is look at other peoples reviews of the model watch you have and you can see what they say is good or bad but at the end of the day QC pics are for you and if you look at them and YOU are happy who cares what anyone else thinks or feels.
Have faith within yourself wear and enjoy your soon to be gotten watch.

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hello and welcome!
Listen to them ^^^, all the info you need is there. Don't sweat it too much with QC, as they said, if you don't see anything blatantly off and you think it's good, just go for it. Roaming rwi you get the impression that all of these watches may have something wrong, I think the opposite is rather true. Be also aware that your mind might play you tricks, judging alignment from those pics is treacherous.
Out of the 4 watches I purchased so far, I had no problems whatsoever. The last one is a bb58, well, I had 5 or 6 divers before, all Gens, and this has the best bezel alignment I've had so far.
Good luck