• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help on a Rolex Gen Tube and Crown!

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Ok I got this crown from eBay, here's the pic and description:

[Image Removed]

Rolex 18K Gold Submariner Twin Lock Watch Crown

* 100% Genuine Rolex 18K Crown
* Submariner Crown- 7.10mm OD x 4.39mm ID
* Rolex Twin Lock #700
* Thread- 90
* Crown fits Tube- 4.39 inside crown
* Height- 4.39mm x 3.40mm x 3.68mm
So is this thing a twinlock or a triplock??? I see 3 dots underneath the crown.... I'm confused. Also what TUBE do I need to use for this one to fit [gen or aftermarket]? Will I need a new stem as well? I plan on installing it on a TW Best TT Sub, here are the pics:

It has an ETA 2892 if it's of any help.

Thanks for your help guys! :)

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
twinlock would have TWO dots.. and its NOT a gen triplock crown... defintatly fake. THe side walls of the crown where the threads are, are WAY too thick to be a gen triplock. Is it even real gold?

Unless its an old 702 triplock but it doesnt look right to me.

dizz

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Dizzy said:
twinlock would have TWO dots.. and its NOT a gen triplock crown... defintatly fake. THe side walls of the crown where the threads are, are WAY too thick to be a gen triplock. Is it even real gold?

Unless its an old 702 triplock but it doesnt look right to me.

dizz

Hi Dizz, thanks for the input, I got it from Jewelers tools on eBay, here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0245310669

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
i dont like when the item description says "Please read description carefully. Refunds only if item not as described"

im sure someone here has a better answer than i do. Maybe this crown is specific to 18kt gold subs?

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Dizzy said:
i dont like when the item description says "Please read description carefully. Refunds only if item not as described"

im sure someone here has a better answer than i do. Maybe this crown is specific to 18kt gold subs?

I did a search on them and found one article that said Early triplocks had no O-ring and later triplocks with the external O-ring, were the service replacements.

http://doubleredseadweller.com/16808.htm

-I'm a complete noob on this. :(

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Update! got fed up and went to a Rolex AD to have them check it! Turns out is fake, I'll send him a message for a full refund or a PP dispute is on its way!

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
the inside walls of the crown where the threads are... thats the part that wasnt right. The walls of a gen crown and very thin and these walls on your crown are very thick like the replicas. Hopefully they refund you money and i would still leave neg feedback about guaranteeing its a gen rolex part when its an OBVIOUS fake.