• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

need help making my decision (Moon or Tag Heuer Chronograph)

huntr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/06
I am looking at both Tag Heuer Link automatic chronograph which comes with asian 7750 movement and Omega Speedmaster moon watch with Lemania manual movement. Since I have no knowledge in both movements, can you give me a brief descriptions as I'm looking for the reliable as I plan to wear more often. I like the look of the moon watch as I plan to purchase one or Tag from Andrew.

If you plan to sell one that does not have to go through custom and in excellent condition, let me know. I'm in USA.

Thanks!

Panama

10/9/06
The Tag Link Chronographe is a very good rep (have a look at By-Thor`s great review), put a nuclear 7750 and be happy! :D
The Omega is great too, Pugwash refered nice on it with stunning pictures...

Cheers

huntr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/06
What do you think of Lemania Manual Movement? Better or the same as Asian 7750 Movement used for Tag Heuer?

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I like the Omega better. just my 2cents

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I prefer the omega, and prefer the "venus" copy movement. You have to live with an hour dial that tracks the hour hand or is non-functioning. So if that is an issue for you it may affect your decision.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
If you're looking for accuracy as compared to the gen watch, Tag Heuer wins, no contest here. If you're simply going to settle on a beautiful watch, the Omega gets my vote.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
takashi said:
If you're looking for accuracy as compared to the gen watch, Tag Heuer wins, no contest here. If you're simply going to settle on a beautiful watch, the Omega gets my vote.

i would certainly go for the tag. the omega has so many flaws you can spot one of them 10 feet away. the tag is extremly close.

don't get me wrong, i would like to have white broad arrow very bad, but i cannot live with that many flaws.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yeah... That's right. That's precisely the point. If the major flaw is not a concern at all, the Omega is a good choice too.

sash5

Known Member
6/9/06
i guess i will go for the link chrono... much more closer to the gen!

tagchrono-3.gif

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
That is the only Tag rep that I would ever consider. :?
It is on my list.

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
I have a gen moon.

I <3 it. It catches all attention, hence why I never wear it. Its one of the pieces that you buy and never worry about again.

Esp the reps w/ the Lemania movement, wow? I think so.

I am going to get a rep moon soon just to kick around

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
apfan said:
the sub dial spacing for the tag chrono looks delicious!

Never heard it described that way but... ok. :p

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
takashi said:
And also this one if you're not satisfied :lol:

dscn3295loqt7.jpg

i know that dial color is very subjective but that grey just blows me away! if i were to buy one it would defiantly be that color.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Lovely the Link may be, but the amount of times I've been frustrated by dicky 7750s, and never had a problem with the Venus'. Once in the Moon reduced and other in the Navitimer venus rep. Although both of these have their cosmetic flaws...

I'd still go for the Moon watch rep for its reliability

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Tag Link Chrono gray or white dial. I have the gray and its awesome. I do love the moon watch and Pugs makes it look awfully nice but man the Link is close to the gen.

Sean K