• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need advice with buying my first rep: AP 15400 Royal Oak 1:1

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Get the Quartz 15202 with 39mm. Great first rep, available VERY cheap m2m. If this one still floats your boat after a few weeks, think about a 15400. But mind you, it wears a lot bigger than the 2mm would suggest. But if you do so, think of a used v4. Great watch, and good deals can be had nowadays that the v5 (with just minor improvements) is out.

Just got a nice one for EUR 290 shipped. Like new.

And if this one also floats your boat, get a gen dial. They're day and night compared to the rep ones.

Later on let's talk offshore. Then the real crazy begins.

Get the Quartz 15202 with 39mm. Great first rep, available VERY cheap m2m. If this one still floats your boat after a few weeks, think about a 15400. But mind you, it wears a lot bigger than the 2mm would suggest. But if you do so, think of a used v4. Great watch, and good deals can be had nowadays that the v5 (with just minor improvements) is out.

Just got a nice one for EUR 290 shipped. Like new.

And if this one also floats your boat, get a gen dial. They're day and night compared to the rep ones.

Later on let's talk offshore. Then the real crazy begins.

+1 on the quartz, sold my modded 15400 soon as I got the quartz. It's great since the AP isn't a daily wear for me so I don't need to worry about adjusting the time. Super thin too, dial looks great in sunlight. Bracelet is lacking but for under $150 can't expect too much.