• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need a lil' help with a PO clasp that keeps opening

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
sunfire.jpg

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
seanf said:
In looking at the watch closed when it's off my wrist, I'm beginning to think the fault may actually lie in the diver's extension.
How to close the diver's extension:

divers-ext%20-%201.jpg

Flat, closed clasp

divers-ext%20-%202.jpg

Opened clasp. Note flush diver's extension.

divers-ext%20-%203.jpg

Extention opened

divers-ext%20-%204.jpg

Push the pivot end in first. This doesn't latch behind, but it's cleaner like this and you can see it go in properly.

divers-ext%20-%205.jpg

Then snap down the bracelet end.

divers-ext%20-%206.jpg

It should close this neatly.

divers-ext%20-%207.jpg

A closed, mounted buckle. If yours doesn't look like this, there's a problem.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Thanks, Pug. Could you post that same pictorial in Time Bandit's stickied thread? I'd like to put all the "How to fix the friggin' Omeeega clasp" stuff in a single sitcky.

And, for the record, my clasp doesn't look like that when closed. The diver's extension itself lies flat inside the clasp, but when the clasp is completely closed (as in Pug's first pic), the right hand side (where the extension sits) of the interior clasp is not flush. It's about 1 or 2 mm higher than the rest of the clasp. Any suggestions for how to fix that?

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
seanf said:
Thanks, Pug. Could you post that same pictorial in Time Bandit's stickied thread? I'd like to put all the "How to fix the friggin' Omeeega clasp" stuff in a single sitcky.

And, for the record, my clasp doesn't look like that when closed. The diver's extension itself lies flat inside the clasp, but when the clasp is completely closed (as in Pug's first pic), the right hand side (where the extension sits) of the interior clasp is not flush. It's about 1 or 2 mm higher than the rest of the clasp. Any suggestions for how to fix that?

can you post a pic of what yours looks like closed and open, might help determine where the problem is.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Love to, but I don't have a digital camera. So that might make taking a digital picture a wee bit difficult.