• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Narikaa 42mm PO Saphire Crystal Scratches?

Dr Yan

4/9/09
we have some witty people on this forum, gave me a laugh.
sorry about your porikaa though mate.
time to buy another i think.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I have a 45mm narikaa PO, nearly the same thing happened to mine! NO, I didn't wear it at work as a shark dentist!! I honestly belive that the po I have, is just not saphire. none of my other watches have any issues like my PO! I'm sure noone announces sapphire when actually mineral on purpose. especially a seasoned guy like narikaa! but I'll give it to ya, that I have thought many times, that it is wierd this one watch in particular scratches up as easy as a frosted doughnut.....

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
I bet this guy was really wanting his watch replaced because of the small scratches to his watch ........ do you think we and the dealers are stupid wankers like yourself mate ?

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
You arent entitled to post here, watch eater. This is not your own thread.

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
I've got a couple Seiko's with scratched sapphires...They came with me on construction worksites back in the day. They are not indestructable.

+1 T4D for bulletproof vest comment.

jenkinson6a

Horology Curious
11/4/09
I have been looking around the internet at polishing with diamond paste, Im going to order some and try but think mine might be a little to deep lol

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
fine dd has two different crystals as spare for po's. up to you how much you will spend on a less than 100$ rep though.

jenkinson6a

Horology Curious
11/4/09
Ye i dont think it will be worth it getting a new crystal. I wish there was a 42mm UPO all the other 42mm's dnt seem worth paying the extra over the porikka.

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. You're all wrong. Those marks on the crystal are not stucco or brick. It's clear that only something as sharp and abrasive as a woman's tongue could do damage like that.

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
Ok i have no idea what did the damage to that watch, clearly to take chunks out of the crystal means you've been a bit daft.
But either way apart from the real nasty chips i think the scratches give it a good look.
A worn look, like when you break in a leather jacket!