• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My UK Based Watchmaking Journey

SC_Kieron

SCAMMER
16/5/20
Tavistock UK
Hi all, A **couple** of you may know me, if now, Hi! I'm Kieron.

I repair reps & watches, based out of a small village just on the edge of dartmoor UK.
I also fix all flavours of tech, but this is about my watchmaking journey.

I've done a few builds/repairs, I will update this thread soon with some of my work!

I've set up a website seperate to my tech business for ease of contacting me & so customers can see existing work,
it can be found here: https://ukwatch.repair/

Nice to meet you all

umirza85

12/6/15
Hi all, A **couple** of you may know me, if now, Hi! I'm Kieron.

I repair reps & watches, based out of a small village just on the edge of dartmoor UK.
I also fix all flavours of tech, but this is about my watchmaking journey.

I've done a few builds/repairs, I will update this thread soon with some of my work!

I've set up a website seperate to my tech business for ease of contacting me & so customers can see existing work,
it can be found here: https://ukwatch.repair/

Nice to meet you all
Hi Mate,
Nice to meet you, I've got a rep Fifty Fathoms that I absolutely love but the hands are badly misaligned. i.e when the minute hand is on the hour the hour hand is not aligned properly. I was looking for someone local in the UK to help me repair but dont exactly want to take it to Timpsons lol. Is this something you could fix?

cheers

SC_Kieron

SCAMMER
16/5/20
Tavistock UK
Hi Mate,
Nice to meet you, I've got a rep Fifty Fathoms that I absolutely love but the hands are badly misaligned. i.e when the minute hand is on the hour the hour hand is not aligned properly. I was looking for someone local in the UK to help me repair but dont exactly want to take it to Timpsons lol. Is this something you could fix?

cheers
got your contact via whatsapp! Thanks for messaging, i look forward to doing your repair :)

SC_Kieron

SCAMMER
16/5/20
Tavistock UK
Recently got in a couple of repairs & found a couple of random builds/projects I've worked on,
superocean heritage crown broken & bent bracelet pin, Fixing it now will update photos asap!
AAA omega had ridiculously misaligned markers, so i straightened them up, an old explorer build from lockdown & tudor build (dials from same person, they were cool at the time but seem a bit dated when i look back at them, lol)
A custom 4 digit sub cased andrea pirlo sub, Still working on it, will be replacing bezel insert (as the cracked one from the original doesn't correctly fit) will update that when i get around to it!

Reactions: umirza85

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Need to see some sweet photos of the bench!!
I personally like seeing more of behind the scenes stuff too! Like disassembled movements, and your process!

I'd also recommend setting the movements in a movement holder instead of directly on that surface. There is a good chance you get debris into the movement by doing that.

Also, your original post may be a bit of an advertisement, which I believe is not allowed. But @tripdog can correct me.

Last edited:

Luquito

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/4/22
UK
Hey man! Good to see another UK based repairer. Will no doubt send a few your way in the future :)

Reactions: SC_Kieron

SC_Kieron

SCAMMER
16/5/20
Tavistock UK
Need to see some sweet photos of the bench!!
I personally like seeing more of behind the scenes stuff too! Like disassembled movements, and your process!

I'd also recommend setting the movements in a movement holder instead of directly on that surface. There is a good chance you get debris into the movement by doing that.

Also, your original post may be a bit of an advertisement, which I believe is not allowed. But @tripdog can correct me.
I'll get some proper setup photos soon, I do have a movement holder, the omega is a personal watch & i was at parents before moving into office properly recently so didn't have it with me! :)

I just copied post style from someone elses post about watchmaking,

Thanks for the reply!

SC_Kieron

SCAMMER
16/5/20
Tavistock UK
Quartz Movement swap :)
Factory shipped this AAA Model with the wrong movement - a vk63a with the seconds subdial @ 6pm, which didn't work as this pam model's seconds subdial is meant to be at 9pm!

Reactions: umirza85

SC_Kieron

SCAMMER
16/5/20
Tavistock UK
A couple repairs came in today, I have a good few but these were two i could get to right away, AP Royal oak with a broken crown (not crown stem, annoying repair) & it was a little grubby from a failed self repair so i gave it a nice cleanup & fixed the broken crown,
Same story with a RM 50-03, needed a cleanup & rotor silencing as it was grinding on something, turns out it was metal buildup & the outer case set had gone rusty! all gone now :)
4knwwvgntcx91.jpg

7ojqawgntcx91.jpg
0ovq7vgntcx91.jpg
c8ml7vgntcx91.jpg
qrir5wgntcx91.jpg
678ftvgntcx91.jpg
rq7jsvgntcx91.jpg
qrd8xvgntcx91.jpg
6iin0wgntcx91.jpg
2tjxxwgntcx91.jpg

wx69vvc9scx91.jpg
l4ythvc9scx91.jpg
4dnhxvc9scx91.jpg

Reactions: ozk88

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
Grat to have you on board and in the UK,!! Will be in otuch as I have a 111 that needs a bit of fettling :)

ozk88

Looking Around
27/10/22
@k
A couple repairs came in today, I have a good few but these were two i could get to right away, AP Royal oak with a broken crown (not crown stem, annoying repair) & it was a little grubby from a failed self repair so i gave it a nice cleanup & fixed the broken crown,
Same story with a RM 50-03, needed a cleanup & rotor silencing as it was grinding on something, turns out it was metal buildup & the outer case set had gone rusty! all gone now :)
4knwwvgntcx91.jpg

7ojqawgntcx91.jpg
0ovq7vgntcx91.jpg
c8ml7vgntcx91.jpg
qrir5wgntcx91.jpg
678ftvgntcx91.jpg
rq7jsvgntcx91.jpg
qrd8xvgntcx91.jpg
6iin0wgntcx91.jpg
2tjxxwgntcx91.jpg

wx69vvc9scx91.jpg
l4ythvc9scx91.jpg
4dnhxvc9scx91.jpg

Nothing but good things to say about Kieron! Worked extremely fast, with the turn around of only 1 day on 2 repairs for me. Quality of repairs were excellent, and both watches looking and feeling brand new! Will be in touch again in the future, can highly recommend!

SC_Kieron

SCAMMER
16/5/20
Tavistock UK
@k

Nothing but good things to say about Kieron! Worked extremely fast, with the turn around of only 1 day on 2 repairs for me. Quality of repairs were excellent, and both watches looking and feeling brand new! Will be in touch again in the future, can highly recommend!
Thanks mate!

Reactions: ozk88

mandla

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/12/09
Hello @k

I have a few watches that need repair. How do I get in touch? DM your WhatsApp info please.

Regards
Mandla