• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Planet Ocean

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
Purchased from another member, so I'm not sure about the version. The pearl was good, but the dial rubbish. So I had it serviced by G and had the dial changed to an UPO dial, and waterproofed. Then I placed the gen rubber strap on and its been on my wrist ever since. I haven't even been wearing my gen SMP I like this one so much!
DSC01640.jpg

DSC01639.jpg

DSC01641.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I don't see a SN# at the seven lug. Is it there?
That pearl looks good. :)

This is a 42mm, right?

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
from puretime. I notice the seconds hand has a much lighter colour than the dial 9 6 and 12 font. Is this a tell?
If you're referrring to the lighter colored "red/orange" tip of the seconds hand, no...I don't believe it's a tell. I've seen many older gens with the "faded" red tip on the hand. And I agree...the pearl "does" look good. Congrats.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Most possible this is a 4th gen 42mm??? Very god pearl! Cant go wrong with the po..,

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
Thanks guys. It is a 42mm. There is no serial number on the 7 lug. Actually one of my friends who is an omega fanatic noticed that. I wanted to see if he could tell it wasnt gen, and he pointed it out. I said it was a grey market watch and the SN had been polished out lol. Afterwards he eventually concluded it was a rep because of the lume.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Most possible this is a 4th gen 42mm??? Very god pearl! Cant go wrong with the po..,

Ding, ding, ding. You are correct sir! It is a 4GPO. I would like to see a Gen crystal on this one. :lol:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Ding, ding, ding. You are correct sir! It is a 4GPO. I would like to see a Gen crystal on this one. :lol:

Poor guy, no you have to install a gen crystal on that one... If not, you should know Q5? will be after you!!! He is like the franken manipulator! Like Di Caprio in Inception, he plugs in the idea to you and somehow you think its yours lol...

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'm a little confused. How can you put a UPO 45mm dial in a 42mm case? Sure you don't mean a 5th gen dial?

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
I'm a little confused. How can you put a UPO 45mm dial in a 42mm case? Sure you don't mean a 5th gen dial?

UPO is only 45mm? I assumed they came in 42mm. The dealer didnt inform me of that and I assumed it was a UPO dial as I had requested. Anyway, no matter its still nice!

haha before i go franken I would buy a gen for a little more money than the franken.

How can you tell its a 4th gen?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
UPO is only 45mm? I assumed they came in 42mm.

How can you tell its a 4th gen?

Position of the HE valve over the 0 on 50. Correct size HE valve. Correct size crown. Good quality engraving of the case back. No serial number and slightly wrong size case lugs from gen. Shoulders are slightly different.

Still one of the best PO's available for using gen parts.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Some dealers are calling the 5GPO 42mm the UPO.
This sawalke4 is one lucky man to get a 42mm dial instead of the 45.5 one.

My 4GPO on Gen bracelet .......

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0319.jpg

How do those lugs look to you? :lol:

TheCold

15/8/09
sawalke4, how did you order an upo Dial from pure time.com custom order? since it isn't listed

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
wow ! ... Q5 that is really nice ...

This is something missing on my ultra franken ... :) ... but before I ve a project with a SM300 ...

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
sawalke4, how did you order an upo Dial from pure time.com custom order? since it isn't listed

yes i sent him an email and he said he couldn't guarantee but he would see what he could do. He came back in a few days and said he had sourced one for me. This is rare, because the rep factories don't like to sell parts like that. I really got lucky.