• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My ongoing search for a nice 'Moonwatch'...

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
That's a shame, I had heard there was a blip in the dial printing at one stage (about a year ago) on the quartz but thought it was just that...a blip, and assumed they would go back to the 'normal' numbering eventually when they ironed out the mishap.

It's funny the 'improvements' they put on reps sometimes: sigh! ;)

Edit: yeah, i think it was in your thread I first saw the new numbering arrangement...my god the factories go to great lengths to mess up a good thing :)

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Yeah. The recess of the subdial is worse too. Can hardly tell they're recessed at all...

repnew

Horology Curious
25/3/12
I too have been searching long for a moonwatch as my first rep. If only i could find one like the one Toro has as his Omega cover photo. I would like mine to be auto with sunken subdials though - patience?

Anyways, a new :canuck: member on this forum and learning a lot! Hopefully I'll be able to find a rep for me soon!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I too have been searching long for a moonwatch as my first rep. If only i could find one like the one Toro has as his Omega cover photo. I would like mine to be auto with sunken subdials though - patience?

Anyways, a new :canuck: member on this forum and learning a lot! Hopefully I'll be able to find a rep for me soon!

Welcome :wave:

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11

My advice? Start saving mate - if you like the Moony that much you'll be wanting the gen in no time. Then you've got to decide between the cheaper Reduced or the bonafide Professional...

View attachment 8810

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
My advice? Start saving mate...

This might be the best advice anyone has given here. I tried like crazy to live with a Speedy rep, but it's hard to do. LHOOQ finally pushed me over the edge last year and I bought a gen. If you only buy one gen in your lifetime, a great many watch guys would encourage you to get the Speedmaster Professional.

[BLINK]BTW, congrats to Q5?. We appreciate all you do![/BLINK]

100_5233.jpg

100_4266.jpg

Hazel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/12

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
You aren't buying pictures though. Those 2 sites are not trusted dealers here so buy at your own risk.

You should maybe listen to the members here who've been looking for a good rep of the moon watch for many years. Just because you found a nice picture on some website doesn't mean you've discovered something we've been unable to find all these years.

Hazel

Banned
1/10/12
I just thought having at least a pic of a nice rep would make it easier to ask one of the trusted dealers whether he or she would perhaps be able to obtain it for me or others. And why not sharing pics of replicas that one has found? Is it automatically senseless only because the trusted dealers dont show them in their current collection? Perhaps they are new and a TD can procure it?!

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
ok. don't you think of all the threads on here discussing the moonwatch that we've exhausted all the options available to our dealers? 99% of all replicas are made in a small area of China. From which our dealers get their watches. Do you think our dealers are deliberately not showing us the best Moonwatch reps available?

Go ahead and use those pictures you've found and send them to our TD's. Let us know what you come up with.

Hazel

Banned
1/10/12
"99% of all replicas are made in a small area of China. From which our dealers get their watches"

Man, someone could have told me about that earlier. Now i am beginning to understand your comments.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Ahhhhh... Ok. Yes, the majority of all reps come from the same place regardless of who is selling them.