• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new SMP from Silix

Centurion1

Horology Curious
27/3/07
The replica watch I received from silix seems to have that "coke bottle" effect. Quitly domed crystal that is.

Here's the pictures:

dickenscider

Looking Around
1/10/07
Thank you for posting those pics. Your SMP from silix does NOT have the coke bottle effect. That's good. The effect I didn't want to see is:

Thanks again, your pics are reassuring. I think I'll go ahead and order the SMP!

-EZ-

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/07
piratedzeus said:
pacs man said:
Damn! Looks good! They've got it pretty much nailed don't they? Nice score.

Bezel alignment (fixable)
HE valve @ 10 o' clock (wrong... correct is a 'bit' higher)
Screws in bracelet
'bit' short hands IMHO
maybe bad waves, hard to tell...differs
and the usual weak lume ;)

Also, the pearl on every Omega rep is an instant giveaway for me. Even though pearl construction has improved greatly, placement hasn't. All reps with good construction(UPO, Seamaster chrono, newer SMPs) place it too low in the triangle, so that it touches or exceeds the bottom edges. Gen pearls always sit in the triangle with a visible border on all sides.

pit36bus

Known Member
22/10/07
good looking watch. it seems like they got the right shade of blue on the dial. most reps with blue dials/bezels dont match up very well with the gen's but that looks pretty good!

f5mando

Horology Curious
27/4/07
Congrats! I'm wary of ordering again from Jay, as I've been very unlucky with him so far. My first attempt was the 007 version, which I returned due to a shopping list length of defects..
Wear it in good health, and don't listen to the neg comments pointing out its shortcomings. Only a gen will absolutely match the gen!

jkirke

Known Member
28/10/07
that puppy is beautiful. i'd like to get one for myself soon. i've got the ultimate planet ocean and it's time to get something a little smaller like the SMP or the SMP Chrono.