• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new IWC Portuguese 40 on Santoni calf strap IW3583-04

Teetertank

Known Member
4/5/22
UK
Looks like a nice watch.
Anyone have any updates given long term use?
The original iwc caliber 82200 was based on the ETA2892 its a shame the rep isn't based on the same but maybe its more difficult to get the seconds at 6 with that?
Anyway, interested in how the movement is holding up, so any feedback from you guys who may have owned this a while now?

silver_row

Horology Curious
6/7/21
Looks like a nice watch.
The original iwc caliber 82200 was based on the ETA2892 its a shame the rep isn't based on the same but maybe its more difficult to get the seconds at 6 with that?
Anyway, interested in how the movement is holding up, so any feedback from you guys who may have owned this a while now?
I bought it at summer 2021, it works till previous winter. Now I am facing with issues on movement:
- sometimes it goes really slow and lose about 1-2 hours at day.
- sometimes I cannot wind up it, nothing is happened. ($50?)

Also need to change the strap, it looks bad after 2.5 years of everyday wearing. Any ideas where to buy a new strap? ($150?)

Some cons (crash test):
- really nice glass. Hit the steel door about 5 times accidentally, no scratches, no cracks
- steel body is absolutely good, no scratches, no cracks

If you sharp lookout at movement, you can easially spot the difference between gen and ZF

silver_row

Horology Curious
6/7/21
Looks like a nice watch.
Also I would like to mention my comment about this watch https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...omatic-358304-opinions.10950517/post-11428611