• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My modded SMP Chrono beauty

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Ohhh man i want mine nooooooow!!! looool

Great watches, great watchessss!!!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Some great post lately on people doing watch mods, nice to see another added to the forum. :)

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
You know I personally always liked the 300m bond SMP's. Not just from an aesthetics stand point, but when it comes to franken'g the reps, the crystals always easy to get away with because the gen only uses single AR. The AR is pretty much none existent on the gens, I have 3 of them and they are all a pain in the @#% to photograph in direct sunlight. Almost any "higher quality" aftermarket sapphire (even mineral) can pass as gen. All you need to worry about is finding the right bevel and rise...

On a separate topic, when I was franken'g my 4th gen PO I went straight to a gen crystal. With the AR modded crystals today, you have blue AR here, purple AR there, almost yellow AR with some green, brown and beef patty orange at certain angles of light. Too much of a headache with the PO AR. Spend the cash on a gen piece and sleep at night. Thats what I told myself. My two cents anyways :)

Heres what I mean - photos taken @ 8:30am...
smpc8.jpg

smp1b.jpg

Hi mate,

I love your gen...it was THE reason I wanted this newer dial, simply stunning. But I might have a better AR than you have :) LOL

I am looking for a better bezel, this is really too much beaten up. Might get it soon :)

These look great. SMP is smaller in size than UPO but still very impressive. I have to say that after giving a try for two different kind of straps, leather and rubber, SS is the only one to go with this watch.

With UPO on the other hand rubber is a nice option. I had rubber for months and Mr. Pap said the same.

agfa421

Known Member
29/11/11
such a beautiful watch, I really enjoyed reading your post!
would be interested in a crystal, too...

sunnydale

29/8/09
such a beautiful watch, I really enjoyed reading your post!
would be interested in a crystal, too...

Thanks mate! Yes the crystal is something I would like to manufacture but lets see :)

Rick914, justlounging - sweet!!!

sunnydale

29/8/09
Update: I bought a gen bezel from Ebay, not cheap, but it is brand new. Some might have already noticed that I sold all the rep and old gen bezels and inserts. This is all I need :)

WP_000053.jpg

WP_000056.jpg

WP_000055.jpg

Gen bezel was a direct swap, took 2 seconds to put on. Now I will order all hands and a DW (and maybe a he valve) and get them installed at the same time the dial is relumed. Would love a gen dial but the only flaw in this rep dial is the omega lettering that is not correct. I will not pay usd400 or something to get it fixed :)

Sorry for the crappy pictures taken by phone.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Cool stuff!!!

Sent from X=0,Y=0,Z=0