• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My MBW Sub 16610

monster-rat1

24/3/06
Here are some pics of my MBW Sub 16610, the watch is 1 year and 2 months old I wear it every day. I take it to the beach, out on the boat, pool I never take it off I even take a shower with it on. I know not great pics but this is my first time with a new camara.

Let me know what you think.

jimmy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/06
Great watch, did you have it modded after you bought it??
Did you have the watch checked for water resistance as well??

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
jimmy said:

MBW's are waterproof. I swim with mine, I dive with mine, I shower with mine and NO problems whatsoever. I have not heard of a member complain about a leaky MBW ever. No need to test it it is par for the course.

nonskeder

5/6/06
@Edge: I have several MBW subs and SD's. With one exception they have all been good to go in the water. The one that failed was a Comex no date that flooded while in the Caymans. I went for a swim with my daughter and when exiting the water noticed that the watch had fogged up quite a bit. When getting back on the cruise ship I pulled the stem out and let it air dry the best I could. Several days later I airlifted the watch to Ziggy for water-proofing and fix. Hardly any damage to the watch-had the movement serviced and sealed up and it has been fine since.

Since then I have had RBJ do the service work and water-proof all the other MBW's while doing the mod thing. The leak on the Comex was because of a faulty crystal fit. You just never know with a rep no matter who you buy it from. The good news on the Cayman trip was that I bought a gen Rolex no date (modern sub) on the way back to the boat. Funny thing is that the real deal gets used the least as I like the MBW watches better. Go figure. Take care and stay well, John. :)

monster-rat1

24/3/06
jimmy said:
Great watch, did you have it modded after you bought it??
Nope never had it checked for water resistance but it has been down to about 15ft free diving. Also it has not been modded at all Maria(MBW) sent it to me that way.

Some more pics not great pics but I am going to take more tonight. My MBW 16610 with my Gen 16610

MBW

GEN

Both

huntr

26/7/06
I'm impressed with the appearance of your rep watch. I'm new to the board and I would like to know where you got the watch? I'm lending to either the sub or GMT Master II so do you know of any sites that sell good and reliable watches?

Let me know. Thanks!

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
huntr said:
I'm impressed with the appearance of your rep watch. I'm new to the board and I would like to know where you got the watch? I'm lending to either the sub or GMT Master II so do you know of any sites that sell good and reliable watches?

Let me know. Thanks!

Hi there, go the dealers section and look through the offerings.... some have websites and other only offer through the forums.... you will find what you seek. :D

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
huntr said:
MBWs are not ideal newbie watches. For a start, they're almost mythically difficult to get and then they cost a lot to get right afterwards.

You're better off with a decent generic ETA, or even Asian, Sub.

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
i just recieved my ETA SS sub from josh..looks really good and didnt break the bank