• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My love affair with Russian watches continues

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
this watch was supposed to be a gift to someone...but looking at the end result, I think I will keep it 😅

I feel it has a Blancpain russian interpretation to it 😂
What a superb gift - My birthday is coming up :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Karbon74

watchenjoyer

Horology Curious
1/6/23
Canada
First I've had auto kom new gen came today. Marked 200m WR, same function forward machining. More compact than expected, w resin filled bezel. Red date. Never been disappointed. Nice mods and collections, all.
where'd you pick that up? I'd like to get one just like it

Watch Hunter

Supporter
Certified
10/12/23
I found this thread interesting so i went on eBay and there are lots described as vintage and used but they look rather clean and there are so many from the same sellers. Are they modern replicas?
Also plenty are described as KGB or special forces, is this a sales pitch to naive westerners? These watches have clear backs which seems odd for a working watch in fields like the KGB and armed services.

Watch Hunter

Supporter
Certified
10/12/23
Like this one? :)

325db415b774a67c6c0793e050e8e7c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are these worth?

EarlOfBacon

bad old man ...
19/11/23
Germoney
I found this thread interesting so i went on eBay and there are lots described as vintage and used but they look rather clean and there are so many from the same sellers. Are they modern replicas?
Also plenty are described as KGB or special forces, is this a sales pitch to naive westerners? These watches have clear backs which seems odd for a working watch in fields like the KGB and armed services.

Don't know where you located but on eBay - Kleinanzeigen (Alemania) always a few beauty's

Reactions: Watch Hunter

Watch Hunter

Supporter
Certified
10/12/23
You can buy new Vostoks from https://meranom.com and https://www.vostok-watches24.com/

If you want nice vintage watches and parts you can buy from
Thanks, I found the Vostok site and I am very tempted.

I see Vostok watches on ebay and chronograph 24 but they have a diffevent name on the dial and are afr cheaper. What’s the story with these?

Watch Hunter

Supporter
Certified
10/12/23
Don't know where you located but on eBay - Kleinanzeigen (Alemania) always a few beauty's

Thanks, I am in tasmania . An island at the bottom of Australia . Closer to the South Pole than Europe. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: EarlOfBacon

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Thanks, I found the Vostok site and I am very tempted.

I see Vostok watches on ebay and chronograph 24 but they have a diffevent name on the dial and are afr cheaper. What’s the story with these?

Vostok (Bostok) is the historical brand name
Amfibia is the diver range, and Komandirskye is the field name

unmodded, thoses watches have low resell value, so it can be that people just flip them.

Watch Hunter

Supporter
Certified
10/12/23
Vostok (Bostok) is the historical brand name
Amfibia is the diver range, and Komandirskye is the field name

unmodded, thoses watches have low resell value, so it can be that people just flip them.
They are new on both sites, one is the USA Vostok dealer. The watch dial is very different To the ones on the Vostok site.

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
yeah. Vostok USA and Vostok Europe have nothing in common with the "real" Vostoks

I have not ordered stuff from Russia for some time now for obvious reasons

Watch Hunter

Supporter
Certified
10/12/23
yeah. Vostok USA and Vostok Europe have nothing in common with the "real" Vostoks

I have not ordered stuff from Russia for some time now for obvious reasons
Vostok state on their site that they ship from germany .

Watch Hunter

Supporter
Certified
10/12/23
Vostok site, it seems it is only some watches. Others are coming from Russia.
They are posting to Australia still from Russia via Serbia.

Watch Hunter

Supporter
Certified
10/12/23