• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Liquid Metal Strap

firesuite

I'm Pretty Popular
30/10/12
Los Angeles
Hi all,

I received my 42mm Liquid metal recently from Puretime. Happy for the most part but the strap is bugging the s@#t out of me as there is far too much of a gap between the first link and the part that sits in the lug. Didn't see this in QC as that part was covered in plastic. When it is on my wrist its really off-putting and just looks bad.

Anyone else have the LM version and have this issue ? does the standard V5 42mm PO have this issue?

Watch looks great apart from this, as the lug width on this watch is 20mm, I'm thinking I could just put a V5 PO strap on it if i can find one.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0776.JPG

n3tph4t

3/12/12
I'm sorry, I can't help in terms of whether it's the same on other LM bracelets, it does look odd though so I would be surprised.

You could ask PT to compare with another for that knowledge.

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
got the same issue with mine. I am probably gonna put it on black leather with white stitch because of it.

firesuite

I'm Pretty Popular
30/10/12
Los Angeles
got the same issue with mine. I am probably gonna put it on black leather with white stitch because of it.

Thanks, Yea I read your review, I think I can see it in your pics too, shame as the watch looks great apart from this, above all else it just screams REP.

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
yep same issue with mine, i also bought a V5 orange PO and the strap on that is alot better
so now looking to buy a SS 42mm v5 PO bracelet - any ideas who sells these stand alone??

ayubgantz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/9/12
I'm sure the bracelet on the v5 PO isn't like the LM one.

That gap would bug the hell out of me for sure!

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
cousins.uk or ofrie....to eliminate the gap get the gen SEL's...WELL worth the cost :)
NOTE: I'm referring to the Bracelet on the V5 42mm 2201.50
....not sure about the LM version...I've never had one.

drabbits

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/12
Try contacting them and attach pics, ask for an exchange of bracelet only on their dime.
The only way to truly fix this is to weld the link pin holes and end link holes with stainless and re-drill.

firesuite

I'm Pretty Popular
30/10/12
Los Angeles
Try contacting them and attach pics, ask for an exchange of bracelet only on their dime.
The only way to truly fix this is to weld the link pin holes and end link holes with stainless and re-drill.

From what I can tell all the LM's are made this way, certainly the few I've seen from other members have this, no idea why they would do that.

Your'e right though, from what I can see the holes are drilled in the wrong place on the last link before it goes into the lug.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The Gen LE LMPO used the same bracelet as our Gen PO's R2.

This is not the rep of the current LM's (which use screws.)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The Gen LE LMPO used the same bracelet as our Gen PO's R2.

This is not the rep of the current LM's (which use screws.)

thanks q, it's hard to keep straight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

cedric33

Known Member
23/11/11
The clasp too is shitty, it is skew and get unlocked always.

I can not anymore wear this watch.

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
Got QC pics for my LM from TD. I asked about the bracelet problem thingy, he said no problem at all. Attached to the lug nicely.

But doesn't look right to me. Pls advise.