• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Life With Reps: Memoirs From the Darkside.

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
10%20cool%20story%20bro.jpg

No, really, I mean it, cool story.

flyboxer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/12
Amazing story brother. I hung on every word and even had a bit of tears while reading. Hope your health improves. Blessings in the new year.

flyboxer

27/12/12
OP here.

A member on RepGeek left a question on a similar thread I started there. Anyway, I guess it left an impression so I decided to share it here along with my reply.

I've always stayed in my current profession in which I finished my university and graduate school studies in. I'm a research professor in the biological/medical sciences.

It's always been like living two lives actually, since academia in the life sciences and the business world don't really have much in common. Business has always been and will most likely remain "never a sure thing" so to speak, as you can easily be a millionaire one day and left penny-less the next. This being the case, it's always good to have something to fall back on...

Yes, my wife did move with me to the US. It took A LOT of paper work, lawyer visits, immigration/government interviews, and the almighty $$$$.

About 2 years later we were finally together and have been in-separable ever since.

She gave up so much just to be with me (an executive career managing a 5-star hotel, friends and family she saw everyday).

I wake up everyday hoping everything hasn't been just one big dream. If it is, I'd rather never wake.

Sorry for the sappy and overly-sentimental reply...I guess, in the end, we should all take a step back and realize how good our lives really are...Or could be.

You need to write a book about your life seriously. It could even be a screenplay one day.

kinjomusashi

6/7/12
You need to write a book about your life seriously. It could even be a screenplay one day.

Thanks, I know some parts may be a bit hard to swallow, but every bit of it is true. Sitting next to the wife now, and still feels like i'm in a dream...

If it is, let's hope I never wake up.

All the best, and Happy New Year!

-km

Rainsick33

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
What happened to kinjomusashi? Havent seen him around the forum, last I spoke to him he was ill. Hope hes not in serious condition.

kinjomusashi

6/7/12
What happened to kinjomusashi? Havent seen him around the forum, last I spoke to him he was ill. Hope hes not in serious condition.

Wow, thanks for the kind words mate!!...Unfortunately, you're correct...I had to take A LOT of time off due to health problems. Had 3 heart attacks over the past few months and my blood pressure has remained consistently high despite medications and rest.

Anyway, just happy to still be around. Even happier I have such a loving wife...she's the reason I keep pushing ahead.

:cheers:

Pannyforme

Renowned Member
27/8/08
your post made me shed a tear mate! great story, best of luck to you. live and let live they say :)

blaze4v

1/8/13
Wow, thanks for the kind words mate!!...Unfortunately, you're correct...I had to take A LOT of time off due to health problems. Had 3 heart attacks over the past few months and my blood pressure has remained consistently high despite medications and rest.

Anyway, just happy to still be around. Even happier I have such a loving wife...she's the reason I keep pushing ahead.

:cheers:

Your story inspired me. Hope you're doing ok mate!

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
wow, deineGeschichte hat mich tief berührt und das nach so vielen Jahren.
Alles Gute Kumpel

WiseTruth

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/2/21
I enjoyed reading your story mate