• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Latest Graham Chronofighter Black Dial

ssalxpanerai

Renowned Member
25/10/06
Got this one from Trustytime. Andrew took just 4 days to send this watch to me. Very quick delivery.

I am always wonders how the large lever work. Have not seen any description for this so far. So I take this chance to explain it here. The lever when press toward the case, it will tricker the start bottom which locate inside the center of the crown. This will start the chronograph function to work. Press it again, this will stop the chronograph function. Push the reset bottom located at 10 o'clock, this will bring back the chronograph to original position. The large lever is made for military application where the chronograph function can be used even with glove.

The rubber strap that came with the watch has quite good quality, soft and comfortable, much better than those rubber straps came with Panerai rep. The quality of the watch parts like dial, case, back, sapphire with double AR, crown, lever, reset bottom, etc are very well made in my opinion. Only the chronograph start/stop bottom located at the center of the crown should have more spring pressure to push against the lever. This will make the lever align better to its guide rail. The double AR really makes the dial pop up.

After wearing for 2 days, the large lever will kind of irritate my arm because of rubbing a little but not too bad at all and no need to modify anything so far.

One of the best rep out of box for 2008 in my opinion. A must have model. Before I have it, I thought the large lever will make it hard to present the watch a dialy wear. But no, it looks much better than I think on wrist and it is not exaggerated at all. My wrist is just 6.8 inches. This watch does not look that bulky at all on my wrist.

The lume is also very bright for out of the box rep. No need to spend anymore buck for the relume, I think. I am very happy with the lume. The photo of the lume is taked from the digital compact camera. So the photo quality is not that good but I think it is good enough to present the lume.

I like it a lot and it's worth the price as well

DSCN2437-1.jpg

DSCN2445-1.jpg

DSCN2443-1.jpg

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
Nice review, and I am enjoying my Graham from Andrew also. The lever function had me curious as well and it is easy to see the simple military function of pressing the lever to engage the chrono function. This is a very cool aspect of the watch and it floors others to see it in action.

The lume is the best out of box I have seen on any rep ever, and on this I concur as well. The only downside is that the chrono lever seems a little loose and everyone who has purchased this watch seem to feel the same, yet it is not really what I regard to be all that bad.

optimis9

25/8/07
Great looking watch. Does anyone know the exact model name and number of this Graham? Pray tell....

optimis9

25/8/07
Great looking watch. Does anyone know the exact model name and number of this Graham? Pray tell....

ssalxpanerai

Renowned Member
25/10/06
I believe that the similar model with different dial will come out soon. There are another 3 models came out already. Check with Puretime website. He is also a dealer here.