• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My JLC NSD Arrived! *Pics* Gen Strap!

blue rocket

12/4/11
Got a notification from my "Parcel" iPhone app this morning that my NSD had arrived at my local post office. Instead of me sitting around all day, waiting for the doorbell to ring, I drove over there and luckily picked it up before it was loaded into the truck!

Got home, so excited and before even removing the plastic, I swapped the rubber clad bracelet for my GEN JLC rubber strap. The gen strap is pretty serious, it's SUPER thick and soft, and just feels great. I'm sure the rep rubber clad strap is nice, but it hasn't even been removed from the plastic, or tested out, haha.

Unfortunately there was a TINY nick on the left of the case, not really noticeable in the pics, but it bothers me a little bit. The Swiss movement has a somewhat noisy rotor (anyone else notice there swiss movement is a bit noisy?). The lume on the pearl is OK, better than some i've seen, but not gen perfect. (why can't they get such a simple thing right -- yet they get everything else perfect! -- ugh!)

Ok -- those are the negatives.

What about the positives? Wow...other than that, this thing rocks my socks. Good weight and feel, case back looks great, while not a deep engraving, i think it looks beautiful. LOVE the way the crown operates...it's awesome. The bezel clicks SO nicely, better than any of my Rolexes. it lines up perfect with the pearl as well, always important! The fit and finish on this watch is just soooo well done. Bezel material and finish is fantastic, and engraving is so nice and crisp, nothing like the DSSD which is "ehhh". The hands look great, dial is PERFECT, lume application on the numerals and markers is FLAWLESS, and this thing glows like a son-of-a-bitch! No dust in the case is also a big plus for me...nothing worse than seeing that little speck under the glass!

I am very impressed with this watch, while mine has a few minor flaws, the excitement I get from it being on my wrist well makes up for it. I can't stress enough how badass the GEN strap is, i'm sure I would have loved the watch with the rep strap, but the rubber strap really makes this watch -- even if the gen rubber clad bracelet is like a G, the look doesn't do it for me. Guys and gals, this is one hell of a V1 release!

Anyway, on to the quick pics I snapped with my iPhone on the way back from the dentist this morning ::eek::

JLC_navy_seals_diver.jpg

JLC_navy_seals_diver1.jpg

JLC_navy_seals_diver2.jpg

JLC_navy_seals_diver3.jpg

JLC_navy_seals_diver4.jpg

gtwc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/10
Looks very nice indeed.
Nice to see a more positive review for this model.

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
Nice! I can't wait to get mine... Hopefully this week. That rubber strap is perfect

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
how much was that gen rubber strap again?

blue rocket

12/4/11
got it on ebay with the buckle for 3 bills, i think normally its 400 from a AD.

JC7

15/6/10
good to see some positive reviews on this. Great pics, wear it well!

D

d4m.test

Looks fantastic! And if you feel like selling that rubber clad rep bracelet, please please PM me. ;)

djubozzi

15/9/10
hi ! i own the watch and ive been looking for a gen rubber strap like your for days...could you please send me message with the link cause i cannot find it on ebay as you mentionned .thank you again

djubozzi

15/9/10
ho...i dont know why puretime doesnt provide the rubber strap with the watch

JC7

15/6/10
it does look nice on that strap. is it a deployant or buckle? Can we get a pic (or ten more)? lol

revhrd

5/2/11
I've seen a few bands on ebay that have those similar folds if you will, but I bet the quality sucks even worse than the worse rep strap.