• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My GMT BLNR Batgirl - Franken/Hybrid 3285 Journey

dreptroman

Known Member
Patron
Certified
6/2/23
Engravia
Hello Everybody. I am grateful to have had the chance to present my new GMT Master II - BLNR 126710 - "Batgirl" Franken/Hybrid Build.

It all started a few months ago, when browsing some sales post I had come across a post from @Le_Conaisseur about the GMT he was building (actually sold a few weeks ago).

I was immeditely infected with the build and build process and I probably went to bed thinking about this.

The next days I have started asking him a lot of Questions about the Bezel, bezel ring, movement, dial, hands and probably driving him crazy.

At the time, my brain was uncapable of discerning the dial differences between the LN and the BLNR, nor was it able to see the distinction between bezel variances in Clean, lug shapes, and etc.

However, this infectious hobby turned into hours and hours of checking posts, looking for what has been done, what was possible do be done and what I could actually do.

Next days, despinte not actually making my mind up to start the build as Winter Holydays were approaching, I stumbled upon in the sales area over a Genuine Bezel of a Batman/Batgirl so I could not resist having it. @GoFreePecco delivered it in a few days and hence the process started.

Meanwhile, my friend from here @bunny123 posted a Mega Franken GMT for sale, that even has a Gen 3186 Movement, which was promptly delivered to me which made me take things slower in my Batman Build.

However, the itch had to be scratched and @Le_Connoisseur already had some leftover parts that he did not manage to get in time for his builds, movement-wise.

And with the help of @Nikz19 and "The Time Garage" the build happened. Of course, I asked a ton of questions, pissed a lot of people of (probably).

Clean 126710 BLNR 6v6 serial (so called V3) was used as a base to which were added the following:
  1. Gen 7035 Crystal and Gen Gasket
  2. Gen Hands (with some customs mishap – Thx God Nickz helped out)
  3. Gen Bezel
  4. Gen Hyrtel Ring and Gen Bezel Spring to make it click like gen
  5. Gen Automatic Device Module (Autowind Module)
  6. Gen Barrel
  7. Gen Barrel Bridge
  8. Gen Ballance Wheel
  9. Gen Ballance Bridge
  10. Gen Tube and Gen Crown to smooth everything out
This resulted in a Franken Movement of the 3285 that gives me the peace of mind to sleep at night knowing it is a close to the Rolex created movement itself, as I considered should be technically relevant. The gen Barrel and Ballance Wheel along with the entire Automatic Device Module (autowind module) of the 3285 making this something I had dreamed of building after looking everywhere for the parts needed (difficult for an amateur like me).

What was also puzzling me was wether the Bezel will click like gen if I add the gen Click Spring and Hyretl Ring, as I could not find a gen Crystal Holder.

After getting it back I can say succesfully that this build moves and clicks like the other one I have from Bunny123, mening what people call "like gen".

As for the base, Clean v3, this people have done a spectacular job. The watch is one of the best replicas I have seen OOTB. The bezel is virtually undiscernable by the naked eye, at least in this last version. Of course, Macro photos, and a lot of patience, very good lighting and probably a more profesionally trained eye, unlike mine, could still spot differences talked about here.

For what it costs, the value of this Clean v3 BLNR Batgirl is crazy good.

Of course I would like to thank everybody involved, including @Mark1937 to whom I also addresed some questions, and hope I don't forget anybody else :))

Enjoy the Photo-Bomb

tennispro47

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/14
Beautiful watch, got some questions of my own ill pm if you dont mind