• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Gen dial has an issue... modders advice needed

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
As you will see from the pictures below, I purchased a few gen parts to franken my planet ocean. Among the parts is a gen dial. However, it didn't take me long to notice that something was up with the 7 and 11 markers on the gen dial. It appears as though something has been glued on top of the lume portion. What the hell is going on? has anyone seen this? I don't want to return the dial until I can make sense of it. Thanks!

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02027.jpg

DSC02021-1.jpg

DSC02020-1.jpg

DSC02022-1.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

DSC02026.jpg

djdisco

Horology Curious
4/8/10
I think that someone has tried to re-glue the lume on that 2 markers; the crispy material could be glue...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
You should definitely return this back! This is totally unacceptable...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Looks like they replaced the original lume with that $hit. Who did you buy that from?

Maybe they put it back on backwards?

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Looks like pads glued in place of the lume? Maybe some markers had damaged lume and they tried to correct it?

Wouldn't that dial be from Ofrei by any chance?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I see a faint lume glow coming from under both markers. I swear that they are upside down.

This looks like the ebay lot that just ended last week. ;)

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
I see a faint lume glow coming from under both markers. I swear that they are upside down.

Very good guess, looks like it indeed.

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11

Yea, I got it from Ebay. Scored a pretty good deal on it too. My guess is that they are on upside down because you can see lume shining from underneath... ****!!! Can this be fixed?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Seems like Q is right... Wiz what do you think? Can the markers be glued?

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Yea, I got it from Ebay. Scored a pretty good deal on it too. My guess is that they are on upside down because you can see lume shining from underneath... ****!!! Can this be fixed?
You would need to remove them and glue them back in the correct position. But I guess if someone when through the hassle of doing this, the other side of the marker is probably damaged.

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
You would need to remove them and glue them back in the correct position. But I guess if someone when through the hassle of doing this, the other side of the marker is probably damaged.

could you take the lume markers from the rep dial and put them on the gen? is that doable?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The lume would be way off. I'd give that seller a stern email. Then have those markers relumed.

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
The lume would be way off. I'd give that seller a stern email. Then have those markers relumed.

The seller offered me a full refund. But the package came with gen hands, gen crown and gen He valve. He said if I keep the dial he will give me 50% back... i think i am going to go that route and have the markers relumed... ugh.

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
So I decided for a 50% refund. Which means my total cost would be $80. That really isn't bad considering the gen hand set, crown and h.e. valve are all tip top.... and maybe I could get the gen dial relumed..

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Excellent price @ $80, the hands and crown alone nearly go for that new, the markers wont look too bad with a decent relume....this works out at a very reasonably priced franken build!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
For 80 bucks, winning!