• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first rep-order ever: Datejust II from supermirrors

HolyNoly

Horology Curious
5/1/20
Hi guys,

i wrote Sead on 06/01/2020, i want to buy the Datejust II 41mm clone 2824 (199$).
A few (and fast) mails later, i payed the 219$ (shipped in total) with transwerwise one day later on 07/01/2020.

08/01/2020 confirmation by Sead he got the money

10/01/2020 asked for QC's, Sead answered fast "not yet but soon"

...now waiting for QC's. I think CNY is responsible for longer waiting period.

i will keep you up to date =)

best regards
HolyNoly

liveralone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/19
US
If he doesn't get back to you just send him an email again. I asked a couple of times for my QC photos and they eventually arrived. They probably arrived 3 weeks after I paid.

HolyNoly

Horology Curious
5/1/20
Thanks mate,

i think i’ll wait a few days more and when the 3 weeks are over, i text him again. Maybe i just have bad luck cause of CNY.

HolyNoly

Horology Curious
5/1/20
24/01/2020 surprise surprise i didn't get any QC-Pics and zero mails but instead the door rings friday morning and i got the watch!! =)

I can say the purchase from sead was very taciturn but fast and save - perfekt! :) 5 / 5 Stars for delivery

Quality of the watch: It is very nice for 219 $, only the glas is a bit too high and the angle of the Datewindow seems not like the gen. the dial looks really good and the movement is great and runs smooth until now (4 days since delivery).

Quality of the bracelet: Sad but true... the bracelet is the crux of the matter. it looks not 100% bad but somehow cheap and the clasp is very hard to open. it feels comfotable on the wrist but i will wear the watch with nato or leather strap i think.

For me it was a first test with rep-watches and my conclusion: i'll write Sead again for next purchase but then i have too pay 300-600 $ for a better quality-rep. for the 219 $ you can't expect more i think.

I'm totally in love with the Panerai Luminor Due 42mm... maybe this will be the next one if there is a really perfekt looking rep-version. the strap is leather anyway and there are so many strap-dealers for panerai, maybe easier to replace then at my Datejust.

i'll post some pictures soon...

Thank you guys for the posts in this forum and thank you Sead! :)

best regards,
HolyNoly

QuirkyOrc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/19
I am surprised you didn’t get QC photo’s from Sead. I have bought 2 watches from him recently, an ARF Datejust 41mm, and a Panerai 1616.

On both occasions he sent me QC photo’s before me giving him shipping go. I don’t think he provides the time graph photo’s, or at least I didn’t get any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HolyNoly

Horology Curious
5/1/20
No i didn't get pics of the watch.

On 10/01/2020 i asked for QC-pics and his answer was "not yet but soon". after that no communication and on 24/01/2020 the watch was delivered.

but i don't think as a newbie i would detected the unpleasent parts i wrote above.