• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first order from MR!!

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Very nice watch, enjoy!

I must say that looks like one of the best positioned pearls I've seen on the PO reps, they're usually touching the edge of the triangle or off centered which is slightly frustrating.

Maybe the pearls are positioned better on the 42mm rather than the 45mm?

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Very nice watch, enjoy!

I must say that looks like one of the best positioned pearls I've seen on the PO reps, they're usually touching the edge of the triangle or off centered which is slightly frustrating.

Maybe the pearls are positioned better on the 42mm rather than the 45mm?

Agree. But I seen from MR website. It seems the Orange version UPO pearl is the best position among all other UPO 42mm.

I like the Black and white UPO but seems the orange version UPO is so perfect among them. It's very tempting to make me buy one...

dan_j

5/11/10
Yeah that's definitely the best pearl I've seen by far on 42 v5. Now if they could just make the ring a little thicker and smaller...

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Thanks for the good words..
The pearl is just a decent rep pearl , nothing more or less...
When i ordered the orange one i had some reasons why i did it..Then i was thinking if it would have been better if i took the black one..But when the orange arrived i was sure that i had make the right choice for me..I recommend it especially for people who have many watches, with black bezel insert.. Just my opinion...

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Thanks for the good words..
The pearl is just a decent rep pearl , nothing more or less...
When i ordered the orange one i had some reasons why i did it..Then i was thinking if it would have been better if i took the black one..But when the orange arrived i was sure that i had make the right choice for me..I recommend it especially for people who have many watches, with black bezel insert.. Just my opinion...

Yo Bro, Yrs look so perfect, I don't think getting a gen bezel insert is already neccessary... I very tempting to get one. The orange UPO 42mm from MR looks very convincing.

giobo

6/5/10
It is really good for that money..If you like it i recommend for sure!!

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
What is even more frustrating is that some of the more unpopular reps have a perfectly positioned pearl like this:

OMG11109_OMEGA_PLANET_OCEAN_42_5250SI2_ETA_2824_%281%29__95078_zoom.JPG

I think a GEN bezel insert costs around £150-200 which is a lot for something so small. I have been looking around eBay for a better bezel. If anyone knows where to buy one at a good price do please let me know! :)

giobo

6/5/10
Unfortunally omega sells bezel and insert together..Thats why it costs so much..But it is genuine omega parts..
If you decided to take a rolex bezel plus insert the cost would be a lot bigger..one of the biggest tells of the po is the pearl...So the choice is in our hands lol..If i could buy the insert only i would do before ordering the watch..

A question from me now..Is it a common knowledge of the PO, that dial markers seem a little yellow-green when exposed to sunlight or a problem of mine???