• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first order from MR!!

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
I am really happy since i just ordered a new 42 mm PO ult V from MR!!I am now waiting..I choosed the one with orange bezel and now waiting..Has anyone the same one??

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Yes. it is a good watch. The movement is a bit tricky compared to one of the previous 42mm I sold on here however. I think it may just need more wrist time.

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
I'd like to know what that means as well.

Possibly he's talking about the DG highbeat Asian movements food in some v5 PO's. DG's are basically an overclocked a21j - they don't last to long, but are cheap to replace..
VS a reg a21j which is cheap, but doesn't have a smooth sweep.
Or vs an eta which is expensive compared to a reg DG and sweep almost identically (but etas last much longer and work much better)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Yes. it is a good watch. The movement is a bit tricky compared to one of the previous 42mm I sold on here however. I think it may just need more wrist time.

What are you saying amp? Is that North Bay heat getting to you? :rofl:

Possibly he's talking about the DG highbeat Asian movements food in some v5 PO's. DG's are basically an overclocked a21j - they don't last to long, but are cheap to replace..
VS a reg a21j which is cheap, but doesn't have a smooth sweep.
Or vs an eta which is expensive compared to a reg DG and sweep almost identically (but etas last much longer and work much better)

But gio didn't mention which movement he bought.

giobo

6/5/10
I bought an A-2824 and the V edition with the orange bezel..I will keep this movement and if something goes really wrong i will swap to the Eta..I just asked if anyone has just the same because most people here buy the one with the black bezel..

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
I bought an A-2824 and the V edition with the orange bezel..I will keep this movement and if something goes really wrong i will swap to the Eta..I just asked if anyone has just the same because most people here buy the one with the black bezel..
Common "luck of the draw" issues seem to be crooked dial markers, primarily 6,9 and 12, the latching ball on the clasp and tube/crown threads. My markers were straight but the clasp spring and tube threads hit me quick. Not a biggie though, to me the watch is definately worth dropping a few extra dollars into.
I'd say you're going to be impressed with the build quality. I went with the Black bezel and white dial numbers. And am very pleased overall.

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Looks good from what I can see.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
+ 10 spd is adjustable, amplitude of 265 is good, the appearance looks good. I'd say you've done very well. Congradulations.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Dont forget to post pics when you get it...!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nice watch you got there, but i will be better with some gen parts on it... The pearl looks good too!

giobo

6/5/10
Of course some gen parts are in the program!!!
I think the bezel will be the first item!!
Very happy with the orange bezel of it thought