• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My First OMEGA from Lucy (issue with watch)

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
fair enough, so are you saying that if i sell this watch on RWI and do not mention the severe stuttering, there will be no come back on me as the seller as the buyer should assume the 8215 will not work properly as per 'threads filling this forum'? Please confirm?
Be up front, honest and tell potential buyers why you are selling. The buyer will probably be smart enough anyway to read this thread and will be aware of the issue. There are tons of members who don't care and/or can do there own work on the movement. It will sell. You will have to sell it for less than what you paid but you can use the money to buy a new watch. You will also build sales feedback and meet some new folks. Like I said, take your lumps and consider this a learning experience. There is a whole lot of information on this site about almost any watch you could possibly consider buying. Know what you are buying before you buy it.

odebito

Getting To Know The Place
4/12/16
Be up front, honest and tell potential buyers why you are selling. The buyer will probably be smart enough anyway to read this thread and will be aware of the issue. There are tons of members who don't care and/or can do there own work on the movement. It will sell. You will have to sell it for less than what you paid but you can use the money to buy a new watch. You will also build sales feedback and meet some new folks. Like I said, take your lumps and consider this a learning experience. There is a whole lot of information on this site about almost any watch you could possibly consider buying. Know what you are buying before you buy it.
OK fair comment, sorry we got off on the wrong foot, you can put me under the category of 'first time buyer freak out' as per Ralphy1975 ill see if Stroder can help with the stuttering and if not get over it.

odebito

4/12/16
I disagree with those stating why would you buy it or that it is shitty movement. And know that Tucker is an awesome guy, and that there are many people like you that show up, buy something, and freak out, so it is old hat. No need to get upset, as most of the senior members here are awesome but do expect you to do your homework on what you want prior to ordering.

I know how hard it is, I have made mistakes along the way, but you have to be willing and able to blow $200-$500 and know that it could be a bad investment. You just have to be willing to accept that this is part of our hobby.

This is a workhorse movement that will last forever if properly cared for. The stutter is what it is. I would check with one of our trusted service guys like Strodda, and see about getting a full service and what rates are right now. It would most likely be similar in cost to sending the watch back to China and will take considerably less time as well.

But the stutter is totally normal. Just a part of the problem associated with this movement, but again it won't affect the watch, and unless you are talking to a WIS no one will ever know.

A lot of things about this hobby are being ok with the flaws, and typically once they are seen, those of us that are OCD can't un-see them and cant accept them.
Really appreciate your comments and time, is Strodda in the UK do you know please?

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
ode1, watch stutter you say. Many branded watch review links for you 2 read and study. This is not a trap, but a learning experience for you. Many friends Lucy have, for excellent business she does. Decide what watch, look for link to watch review to read, be informed. Then , my noob friend, you will have knowledge on watch you seek. Ask TD questions of concern prior to purchase. If watch comes with problem not mentioned, then, you have cause to ask TD, why not you mention problem.
I hope you see where we are trying to point you, to assist you. Follow these words you do, you should have better luck in finding the watch you like. :bug:

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
OK fair comment, sorry we got off on the wrong foot, you can put me under the category of 'first time buyer freak out' as per Ralphy1975 ill see if Stroder can help with the stuttering and if not get over it.

No he is CONUS, I am thinking Domi, who is regarded as one of the best here at RWI is based in EU, not sure where. Check out his section.

Regardless, the cost and time frame with getting it looked at and serviced, at least in my opinion, is totally worth it as compared to trying to send it back to China. Good Luck!

odebito

4/12/16
I disagree with those stating why would you buy it or that it is shitty movement. And know that Tucker is an awesome guy, and that there are many people like you that show up, buy something, and freak out, so it is old hat. No need to get upset, as most of the senior members here are awesome but do expect you to do your homework on what you want prior to ordering.

I know how hard it is, I have made mistakes along the way, but you have to be willing and able to blow $200-$500 and know that it could be a bad investment. You just have to be willing to accept that this is part of our hobby.

This is a workhorse movement that will last forever if properly cared for. The stutter is what it is. I would check with one of our trusted service guys like Strodda, and see about getting a full service and what rates are right now. It would most likely be similar in cost to sending the watch back to China and will take considerably less time as well.

But the stutter is totally normal. Just a part of the problem associated with this movement, but again it won't affect the watch, and unless you are talking to a WIS no one will ever know.

A lot of things about this hobby are being ok with the flaws, and typically once they are seen, those of us that are OCD can't un-see them and cant accept them.
good afternoon Ralphy, is there a movement you can suggest that suffers less from stutter or guide me in the right direction? appreciate your help

atgm

Respected Member
Patron
21/11/15
good afternoon Ralphy, is there a movement you can suggest that suffers less from stutter or guide me in the right direction? appreciate your help

The only way to get around the stutter, really, is to get a version that doesn't have a Miyota. I don't know any Bond ATs without the Miyota though.

I think some other people have mentioned it, but you could probably get the stutter improved a bit by having the movement cleaned/serviced.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I'm going to suggest an alternative course of action, perhaps consider a movement swap to a miyota 9015? To my understanding they do not suffer from this studder, are a high beat movement and hack. I'm pretty sure that they are a direct swap. I'll leave it to the experts to confirm this.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska

Like most have stated, no one else is making the AT with a non-Miyota movement. If you really want something that doesn't stutter you will have to change watches. Noob makes a great CRPO (Omega Ceramic Insert Planet Ocean) in 42 and 45.5 mm, if you can find them they will have clone 2836 movement, which is the swiss clone and is a hacking movement (seconds hand stops when you pull the crown to set the time) and is super reliable and easy to have serviced, repaired, or replaced if needed.

If this style of watch is really what you are after I recommend the Rolex BP Day Date or Date Just II. BP factory is recognized as having the best of these reps, but I am thinking I recently read a thread on Noob factory coming out with one too. Both are similar in size to the AT, and both can come with the smooth outer bezel and look very similar to the AT. I have a Deep Blue AT with Miyota and I love it except for the bracelet. The pushers to release the hidden clasp start to rub my wrist funny and cause discomfort after long periods (4 plus hours) of wrist time.

Again, the Miyota is a great long lasting movement, but this is the most common flaw and the reason many people stay away from them.

As you can see by my signature I have a lot of different reps, but mainly my heart belongs to rolex, lol.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I'm going to suggest an alternative course of action, perhaps consider a movement swap to a miyota 9015? To my understanding they do not suffer from this studder, are a high beat movement and hack. I'm pretty sure that they are a direct swap. I'll leave it to the experts to confirm this.
I've got several watches with 9015s. There is no stutter.