• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My First OMEGA from Lucy (issue with watch)

odebito

Getting To Know The Place
4/12/16
Good Evening All,

Id just like to say that up to the point of receiving the watch from Lucy, its been a very good service. Ive decided go for the limited Edition James Bond Aqua Terra as i likes the detailing.

Unfortunately i've received the watch today and its has what seems to me to be a pretty significant mechanical problem. As a complete novice to this hobby i'm asking the long serving members to confirm if this is or is not normal.

Below is a link of a private video of the error i'm seeing. In summary, any sudden movements stop the second had completely of make it tick erratically.

Ive emailed Lucy just now and I will keep you updated of Her response.

ScienceGuy

31/8/16
Hey buddy, is this the Miyota version?

If so, this is a known issue with this type of movement I'm afraid. Have a quick search for Miyota on the forums for more info on it. It shouldn't affect the accuracy too much, but you might not be able to wear it during any strenuous, wrist-based "activities" [emoji23]

Sent from the RWI mobile app

wegwerf70

21/8/16
The miyota movement in these reps is known for stuttering. That said I have two watches with this movement and both show nearly no stuttering. But shaking them leads to the second pointer stopping for a second like in your video.
Nevertheless this should not influence the accuracy of the watch. But the stuttering your watch shows is really bad...

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

odebito

4/12/16
Hey buddy, is this the Miyota version?

If so, this is a known issue with this type of movement I'm afraid. Have a quick search for Miyota on the forums for more info on it. It shouldn't affect the accuracy too much, but you might not be able to wear it during any strenuous, wrist-based "activities" [emoji23]

wrist-based "activities" :anonymous: lol. the movement in the video was over the top to get it on video but this is happening when reaching for the phone or using a knife and fork eating. this surely isn't right?

odebito

4/12/16
just looked over my emails and apparently this is a KW/V6 , does that clarify what movement is inside? sorry if this is an obvious question.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
just looked over my emails and apparently this is a KW/V6 , does that clarify what movement is inside? sorry if this is an obvious question.
The V6F has the Miyota 8215 movement. That happens with those movements but does not affect the time keeping. You have a properly functioning watch. As hard as you're shaking the watch it may affect any movement. Take it easy big guy.

odebito

4/12/16
The V6F has the Miyota 8215 movement. That happens with those movements but does not affect the time keeping. You have a properly functioning watch. As hard as you're shaking the watch it may affect any movement. Take it easy big guy.
thanks for the info, as per above, this video was just for effect but i'm getting 'shudder' this bad eating my dinner, is this acceptable / normal?

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
Lucy is an awesome TD and tests all her watches she sells; but I doubt that doing whatever you are doing to that watch is NOT one of her tests since that is not a normal arm movement. She will let the watch run for a couple of days and check all pushers if the watch has that function.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
thanks for the info, as per above, this video was just for effect but i'm getting 'shudder' this bad eating my dinner, is this acceptable / normal?

Yes, unfortunately this is normal. Sending off to a watch maker for a good service and cleaning can help to minimize this though, along with helping the rotor spin to be quieter when it is oiled properly.

Otherwise it's luck of the draw. I have a 300 Spectre that stutters and a 45.5 CRPO that doesn't.

But again, it will not affect the time keeping, or at least it shouldn't. Are you losing time?

If not, I recommend getting it serviced, otherwise stick to swiss or clone 2836 type movements if this is too bothersome.

There is a ton of help on RWI for finding the right watch maker for service and all about these movements.

Good Luck!!!

odebito

4/12/16
here's a video showing it stuttering just reading the time ...... not sure i can accept this as this is what it was designed for. Am I being unreasonable.

odebito

4/12/16
Lucy is an awesome TD and tests all her watches she sells; but I doubt that doing whatever you are doing to that watch is NOT one of her tests since that is not a normal arm movement. She will let the watch run for a couple of days and check all pushers if the watch has that function.
i've posted another video below showing bad stuttering just reading the time. basically whenever the second hand is between 3 and 9 it will stutter with even the smallest movement. Sorry if i sound disappointed but i kinda am, i hope Lucy can help me with a replacement

odebito

4/12/16
Yes, unfortunately this is normal. Sending off to a watch maker for a good service and cleaning can help to minimize this though, along with helping the rotor spin to be quieter when it is oiled properly.

Otherwise it's luck of the draw. I have a 300 Spectre that stutters and a 45.5 CRPO that doesn't.

But again, it will not affect the time keeping, or at least it shouldn't. Are you losing time?

If not, I recommend getting it serviced, otherwise stick to swiss or clone 2836 type movements if this is too bothersome.

There is a ton of help on RWI for finding the right watch maker for service and all about these movements.

Good Luck!!!
thanks for the advice appreciate it, whats the ball park cost for this kind of work ?

ssouthall6

Respected Member
10/10/13
It's possible you may have other issues with the watch. The Miyota 8215 is a shitty movement but that looks particularly bad, I had one on par with that once and it turned out it had a cracked jewel, my watchsmith repaired it and it was better but still shit. If I remember correctly there is a something you can do to improve it, I think you can increase the pressure on the second hand pinion spring and it may or may not improve it. Not a job for a novice though.

Avoid the low beat Miyota like the plague in future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Am I being unreasonable.

Yes you are. The forum is filled with threads addressing the stutter issue. It's unfortunate you didn't do some reading before your purchase. Lucy sold you exactly what you ordered and it is working properly. Enjoy the watch, read up and quit whining.

odebito

4/12/16
Yes you are. The forum is filled with threads addressing the stutter issue. It's unfortunate you didn't do some reading before your purchase. Lucy sold you exactly what you ordered and it is working properly. Enjoy the watch, read up and quit whining.
apologies, why would anyone want to buy a watch that stops every time you move your wrist? Thats clearly not what i was looking for or ordered. Like i said i'm new to this but i assumed i would be told up front if the stuttering was this bad. Sorry if i have offended you in some way but is there really any need to be so aggressive in your response?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
apologies, why would anyone want to buy a watch that stops every time you move your wrist? ?
Many people don't so they pass on the 8215, but that is a well known problem with the movement. You haven't offended me at all. I have tried to assist you and have told you several times that the watch you bought is known for that stutter issue. Your watch is NOT defective. You seem to be fishing for somebody to tell you that Lucy should refund you. That's not how it works. Sell the watch on RWI and buy something with a different movement. Most importantly, learn from this experience and read up Grasshopper.

odebito

4/12/16
Many people don't so they pass on the 8215, but that is a well known problem with the movement. You haven't offended me at all. I have tried to assist you and have told you several times that the watch you bought is known for that stutter issue. Your watch is NOT defective. You seem to be fishing for somebody to tell you that Lucy should refund you. That's not how it works. Sell the watch on RWI and buy something with a different movement. Most importantly, learn from this experience and read up Grasshopper.
fair enough, so are you saying that if i sell this watch on RWI and do not mention the severe stuttering, there will be no come back on me as the seller as the buyer should assume the 8215 will not work properly as per 'threads filling this forum'? Please confirm?

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
I disagree with those stating why would you buy it or that it is shitty movement. And know that Tucker is an awesome guy, and that there are many people like you that show up, buy something, and freak out, so it is old hat. No need to get upset, as most of the senior members here are awesome but do expect you to do your homework on what you want prior to ordering.

I know how hard it is, I have made mistakes along the way, but you have to be willing and able to blow $200-$500 and know that it could be a bad investment. You just have to be willing to accept that this is part of our hobby.

This is a workhorse movement that will last forever if properly cared for. The stutter is what it is. I would check with one of our trusted service guys like Strodda, and see about getting a full service and what rates are right now. It would most likely be similar in cost to sending the watch back to China and will take considerably less time as well.

But the stutter is totally normal. Just a part of the problem associated with this movement, but again it won't affect the watch, and unless you are talking to a WIS no one will ever know.

A lot of things about this hobby are being ok with the flaws, and typically once they are seen, those of us that are OCD can't un-see them and cant accept them.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
fair enough, so are you saying that if i sell this watch on RWI and do not mention the severe stuttering, there will be no come back on me as the seller as the buyer should assume the 8215 will not work properly as per 'threads filling this forum'? Please confirm?

The buyer will not assume the movement is not working properly, they will assume it stutters. You keep saying "not work properly" but the stutter is the nature of this movenent. As was said before time keeping is not affected by the stutter.

Anyways even if you don't mention it in the sales thread they will read this lol