• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first gen - thoughts??

repmania

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/4/18
United Kingdom
Me? It’s you guys laying in to me...been through bullying as a kid and won’t take it sorry!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Ok guys, give the handbags at 50 paces a break huh?

Thatguy88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/17
Nice pick... Tuxedo dial has stripes I believe...and is one of my favorites. I've bought 2 used gen dj and love them to death. Wear it daily and enjoy it!

Sent from the RWI App

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
Got the watch back today after it's overhaul service.
I'm really happy with the polish they did. It's not over the top, just perfect.
The bracelet in particular was is very poor shape pre-service, but it looks almost new with just a couple of scratches now.
I asked them to swap out the silver bullseye dial for a white roman - I liked the bullseye (and still have it safely packed away) but the white just "pops".
I know the Rolex purists will notice that the hands don't match the new dial - but I honestly couldn't be happier.
https://i.imgur.com/bE0ARBr.gifv
21FgLzl.jpg

enxcvV3.jpg

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Sorry to dig this up, but may i ask you how much did you pay for it ? I'm super in love with these tuxedo dial (especially the more contrasty black & rhodium one)

Reactions: RobLive7

RobLive7

Known Member
28/10/15
Sydney, Australia
Sorry to dig this up, but may i ask you how much did you pay for it ? I'm super in love with these tuxedo dial (especially the more contrasty black & rhodium one)

I got super lucky on eBay on a crappy listing from a lazy seller and picked mine up for a steal.
I agree, the contrasty black and white tuxedo dial looks spectacular - but it looks like you might have to fork out up to $6,000 USD for one.
You should check out watch recon or the Rolex forums if you are in CONUS.
Good luck mate

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Thanks !
This is basically the prices i see around in EU (between 4000 and 5000€)

Reactions: RobLive7

Blingo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
30/9/18
Turkey
It was already mentiined before buddy. This was not a tuxedo dial. Tuxedo is something with a deck like strioed surface dial. This original dial was called bullseye dial.

OP, that's a timeless classic and i personally also love roman indexed dials like yours. Wear in good health

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
This is how every vendor call this dial.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Got the watch back today after it's overhaul service.
I'm really happy with the polish they did. It's not over the top, just perfect.
The bracelet in particular was is very poor shape pre-service, but it looks almost new with just a couple of scratches now.
I asked them to swap out the silver bullseye dial for a white roman - I liked the bullseye (and still have it safely packed away) but the white just "pops".
I know the Rolex purists will notice that the hands don't match the new dial - but I honestly couldn't be happier.
https://i.imgur.com/bE0ARBr.gifv
21FgLzl.jpg

enxcvV3.jpg
How much did you pay for the white dial ?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk