• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first franken project - 5th Gen Planet Ocean

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
What do you guys use to get the crystal clean from the inside? I have tried and tried and always some marks are left to it...if I use wet cloth, tiny dots are left when the water dries. Can you use alcohol with AR coating?

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Alcohol won't hurt the AR but just to be safe don't rub real hard. A lint-free cloth to clean and I use either a little bulb blower or canned air to remove all possible lint left behind.
That build looks great. Congrats on a job well done.

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
I'm interested to know whether this is the Swiss eta.

I plan on doing a similar mod but have the Asian 2824 and I'm concerned the hands won't fit.

Any one with experience who can advise?

Don't worry. A2824/A2836 is as good a Swiss counterpart. They fit(tested and proven). You have to be amazed at the precision of Chinese engineering.

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Very inspiring! Might have to do this myself once my PO arrives.
Well worth it...IMO. The ETA DW makes a nice improvement, as does the gen SEL's, clasp and case back.
Granted the case back really isn't a big issue but to get rid of awful gap between the SEL's and the bracelet, the gen SEL's from ofrei do the job.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Alcohol won't hurt the AR but just to be safe don't rub real hard. A lint-free cloth to clean and I use either a little bulb blower or canned air to remove all possible lint left behind.
That build looks great. Congrats on a job well done.

Thanks for the advices correctime!

Andres7

Looking Around
14/12/11
Another bump!
DSC_0583.jpg

Can't keep my eyes off this thing...
It looks so perfect!
I keep trying to find flaws with my magnifying glass, but I can't find any...

Excellent job.

Where do you get the movement from?