• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first 6152/1 lug engravings

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Just finished my first set of lug engravings for a 6152/1 build I am putting together. Tried my best to get them as close as I could to the gen engravings, I used many gen pictures to pick up the pattern of the different characters to try to mach them as bast as I could. This build is going to have many custom options on it including case back engravings inside and out on the solid case back and engravings on the plexi on the display case back. It will be running one of my modded 6497-2 movements with custom engravings shown in the last picture. Here are the pictures

Here is the BREVET engravings with the main inspiration gen picture on top

Here is the SN engravings with the main inspiration gen pictures on top

The movement that will go inside, this will make it a reliable daily better and a very unique watch. I look at it as what Panerai would do if they wanted to restore an old timer with a new engine. Someone coined it akin to putting a new super hemi engine on an old school Charger...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Ah no, that is defo not laser engraving. That's old skool.

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
Ah no, that is defo not laser engraving. That's old skool.

The Boss is correct on both points, no lasers were used in the making of this.......just like the watch a mix of old and new techniques were used. It took me a long time to get this right, lots of trial and error.

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
Here are the engravings for the inside of the case back

Tankgoodness

Horology Curious
24/3/14
You put such great care and expertise in your modifications! Have you considered coming out with your own time piece? I'd be the first on the list to pick up the MARLIN 001 :notworthy: