• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My debit cards have been scammed!

boghus

Horology Curious
27/10/18
Order placed on Friday on Puretime website and payment done with my Mastercard. The payment process went smoothly and I verified with my bank account balance were I can see that the payment was successful. I got also the email confirmation so... everything was fine. Until Monday morning when I get a phone call from the bank and they told me that a transaction of 3500 EUR is attempted. I was shocked, but because of this thread I was aware of this. So..card blocked and I'm waiting for a new card.
i know that is not the Puretime fault but we all should be aware that using this type of payment with our daily use cards is not safe. Lesson learned for me and next time either transfer either Bitcoin.

Pebble1

Known Member
3/7/19
Order placed on Friday on Puretime website and payment done with my Mastercard. The payment process went smoothly and I verified with my bank account balance were I can see that the payment was successful. I got also the email confirmation so... everything was fine. Until Monday morning when I get a phone call from the bank and they told me that a transaction of 3500 EUR is attempted. I was shocked, but because of this thread I was aware of this. So..card blocked and I'm waiting for a new card.
i know that is not the Puretime fault but we all should be aware that using this type of payment with our daily use cards is not safe. Lesson learned for me and next time either transfer either Bitcoin.

Holly Cow. Good catch. Thanks for sharing for awareness.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

Sorry to hear that. Please try bitcoin or banktransfer next time if you worry about this :)