• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My concealed carry.. What's yours?

logistic

1/12/14
:( haha i thing this one looks good
XDS93345S_1200x782.png

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
It shoots well. Kicks like a mule though. I have a m&p shield 9mm that I would recommend over the xds. I've never shoot the xds in a 9 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my big bore "donkey" too. I've tried almost all sub compacts in .45 and I like Springfield's XDs the best. Ocasionally I roll out with my EMP or XDSC.

GTime66

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/1/13
Just picked this CZ-USA P-01 9mm up! Love it!

Using the IMI holster and shadow. Apologies for the stock photos.

295502_01_cz_75_p_01_640.jpg

GTime66

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/1/13
I just started to carry after getting a Concealed Carry permit.

I decided to carry b/c there are some truly whacked people out there, and they all have access to guns. Too many gans out there to ever get them all off the streets, so this is what we have to deal with.

You yank's are crazy!!!

What ever happened to settling a dispute with a good ol' fashioned punch on....?

Never had a dispute with anyone that couldn't be sorted out with fists, the occasional elbow, head and knees.... I've been taught a few lessons this way too, if I'm honest - lol, hence my good looks!!!! :p

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I just started to carry after getting a Concealed Carry permit.

I decided to carry b/c there are some truly whacked people out there, and they all have access to guns. Too many gans out there to ever get them all off the streets, so this is what we have to deal with.

+1

A friend of mine got robbed at gun point not too long ago.
He was walking to the gas station less than 1/2 block away from his home.

What did they get?.....6 dollars, 2 cigarettes, and a very, very worn out blue jean jacket.

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
Thanks Mods for keeping the topic on and the people who don't like guns don't have to talk about them.Ive been a victim of gun violence, & it won't happen again. I live in the most liberal gun state in the country, AZ. you can carry concealed WITHOUT a permit. I think that law should be tossed. I've taken too many classes on defensive gun tactics, close quarters gun tactical training ( both with a pistol & a carbine ), and a 3 day course in FL under Kyle Lamb ( ex- Delta Force & owner of Viking Tactics, & a hero to my country ). I think to carry concealed you should have to have taken the classes necessary to earn that priveledge, but I don't make the laws. People don't understand that a firearm is an inanimate object, and I know people who see a firearm & immediately get scared, as if it's going to grow legs and a finger and start going off, that's funny to me. I understand some people don't think we need firearms in this country, doesn't matter what they think, that's why it's a RIGHT. I hope we can keep this thread now down to those who like firearms & that's it. Negative opinions should be kept to yourself, this is a pro gun thread. Back to the subject of concealed carry. - the Kahr pistols are ok, the Ruger LCP is a great conceal carry, if I had to choose just one, for concealed carry only, my revolver choice would be a S&W Airweight 642 with the Crimson trace laser. 5 shots of 38+P is nice, plus no hammer to get caught while drawing. My a Glock 26 would be my first choice for an automatic. 10+1 ( 11 total rounds ) gives more than most guns of the same size since it has a double stack magazine, and I switched the plastic stock guide rod out for a heavy, tungsten guide rod and recoil spring assembly, and the heavier spring I went with allows me to fire +P ammo with hardly any muzzle flip. I switched out ALL the plastic guide rods in my Glocks to Tungsten. Even on my compensated Glock 21C it helps considerably.

GTime66

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/1/13
Thanks Mods for keeping the topic on and the people who don't like guns don't have to talk about them.Ive been a victim of gun violence, & it won't happen again. I live in the most liberal gun state in the country, AZ. you can carry concealed WITHOUT a permit. I think that law should be tossed. I've taken too many classes on defensive gun tactics, close quarters gun tactical training ( both with a pistol & a carbine ), and a 3 day course in FL under Kyle Lamb ( ex- Delta Force & owner of Viking Tactics, & a hero to my country ). I think to carry concealed you should have to have taken the classes necessary to earn that priveledge, but I don't make the laws. People don't understand that a firearm is an inanimate object, and I know people who see a firearm & immediately get scared, as if it's going to grow legs and a finger and start going off, that's funny to me. I understand some people don't think we need firearms in this country, doesn't matter what they think, that's why it's a RIGHT. I hope we can keep this thread now down to those who like firearms & that's it. Negative opinions should be kept to yourself, this is a pro gun thread. Back to the subject of concealed carry. - the Kahr pistols are ok, the Ruger LCP is a great conceal carry, if I had to choose just one, for concealed carry only, my revolver choice would be a S&W Airweight 642 with the Crimson trace laser. 5 shots of 38+P is nice, plus no hammer to get caught while drawing. My a Glock 26 would be my first choice for an automatic. 10+1 ( 11 total rounds ) gives more than most guns of the same size since it has a double stack magazine, and I switched the plastic stock guide rod out for a heavy, tungsten guide rod and recoil spring assembly, and the heavier spring I went with allows me to fire +P ammo with hardly any muzzle flip. I switched out ALL the plastic guide rods in my Glocks to Tungsten. Even on my compensated Glock 21C it helps considerably.

+1

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
I don't feel I need to carry any gun to protect myself. But, I do realize I could be in a bank or convenience store or gas station someday just when someone decides to start a robbery. If I ever find myself in that situation I sure would like to have the option to draw my carry gun and stop the bad guys. I hate the presumption many criminals have that they alone are armed during a robbery and all the rest of us have no choice other than to place our lives at the mercy of the criminals and be victims. Placing your life at the mercy of a criminal is not a good bet.

ive been a victim of gun violence. On December 19 2002 @ noon on a Sunday, 3 armed black guys ( I'm not a racist in ANY way, just giving the details ) kicked open my door and I was playing video games on my couch ( Glock 19 under the cushion ) , as soon as the first guy was through the door, I had a Mossberg 500 Nickel plated persuader in my face & this giant guy dragged me into the bathroom & using the muzzle kept pushing my face to the floor telling me not to look at him ( they were ALL wearing gloves and no masks ) I looked up once or twice and saw a green & brass slug in the breach of the shotgun. These guys had already made the newspaper and were labeled " The Christmas Robbers " as they had already hit 2 homes, had been identified already, and 2 of them already had 2 strikes ( felonies ). After giving them the code to my safe wrong 3 times so it would auto-lock ( bad idea ) I took another beating until I gave up the key that unlocked it in case the batteries failed. I made one run for the front door and the big guy with the pistol grip shotgun, hit me in the center of my back with the muzzle, to this day only God knows why I'm still here. I identified all 3 at the police station, and I moved back to Aspen immediately. That even changed my life forever. I have more firearms than most have TV stations, and my house is now fully camera monitored 24/7 & I have a security door & if anyone comes and tries again, if I'm here, it's the last thing they'll ever do. And I don't EVER want to take a life. Just thought I'd post this, cause it can happen to anyone at anytime. God Bless everyone who has posted in this thread & everyone else who lives by the law of the gun. You shouldn't own one if you don't know how to use it, and you shouldn't CCW unless you're ready to help someone in need & not just yourself. Sometime, it might be you who is called upon to save an innocent.

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
The 5.7 is an absolute BEAST. Don't listen to the mall ninjas who think they know everything about firearms. I own EVERY round Elite Ammunition ever produced for the 5.7 & P90, & lets just say the S5 round ( banned from production, sometimes available on GB ) can pierce a stage 4 crisat helmet like butter, & keep going before after fragmenting into 4 pieces. - Heres a cpl things anyone who is interested in the 5.7 or P90 should read - http://forums.officer.com/t174587-3/
-

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
It was the general opinion of three physicians-two military surgeons with oversea deployment and a trauma surgeon who operated on roughly a thousand gunshot wounds, that nobody could survive an S4 torso hit unless it took place right in the operating room- and even then it would be at best a toss up." -Dr. JD Brown

As tested, both 5.7x28mm cartridges offer lethality that is on par with or slightly greater than a .45ACP 230gr jacketed hollowpoint. This is accomplished through an intelligent usage of the pitch/yaw cycle inherent to any spin-stabilized projectile – the nose of the 5.7mm bullets travel through the first 2” of ballistic gelatin in a nose-forward orientation, which minimizes drag. As such, the very impressive amount of kinetic energy lost by most expanding bullets in the first few inches of penetration have little or no effect on the human target and actually decreases the effectiveness of expanding ammunition in incapacitating a target.

Conversely, the FN SS-195 and the Elite Ammunition S4M offer performance quite similar to the tested .45ACP, with considerably lower recoil and ammunition weight, coupled with a significantly higher weapon magazine capacity. We feel that the Elite Ammunition S4M can be seen as a “+P” version of the very effective 27gr 5.7mm FMJ and we have no qualms about recommending this cartridge as a feasible replacement to the more conventional .45ACP handgun, for use against human attackers. -Brass Fetcher Ballistic Testing

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
Lastly, if you're familiar with the 5.7x28mm round, you should be familiar with a company called Elite Ammunition. Most of there stuff is gone in 3-4 minutes when it hits their site, but you can find it on GB & plenty of videos on utube about its efficacy -

jpohl402

10/7/12
You shouldn't own one if you don't know how to use it, and you shouldn't CCW unless you're ready to help someone in need & not just yourself. Sometime, it might be you who is called upon to save an innocent.

Kudos for posting your crazy story bro, and Yes your above statements are True!!

jckilla

Known Member
19/3/13
[MENTION=48091]jpohl402[/MENTION] - worst part was I was leaving for Aspen 3 days later, and no one in my family believed me. They thought I was making some sick joke or something. Til it hit the front page of the Ahwatukee Times newspaper the day after Christmas, ( I had my girlfriend at the time fax my Aunt a copy ).

jpohl402

10/7/12
@jpohl402 - worst part was I was leaving for Aspen 3 days later, and no one in my family believed me. They thought I was making some sick joke or something. Til it hit the front page of the Ahwatukee Times newspaper the day after Christmas, ( I had my girlfriend at the time fax my Aunt a copy ).

Damn bro, wild. So sorry to hear all that!! Glad youre still here with us!! All the best to you my friend!!