• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Bond 50th just arrived...shaken, not stirred (photos)

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
you're right it does grow on you. Yours was what switched me from the SM 300 chrono when I was having problems finding one.

Love mine, the thing feels and looks better with each wearing. You might occasionally find yourself in a trance when you look at the dial and the light catches it just right.

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
Like the rest...hard to push in as you screw it down. This seems to be the big blemish on an otherwise stunning rep. It's too bad, but I've learned how to work with it. When I get it serviced, gonna look into getting it corrected.

Interesting!

Hey trev, how is the quality of the crown screw down on the one you bought?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Like the rest...hard to push in as you screw it down. This seems to be the big blemish on an otherwise stunning rep. It's too bad, but I've learned how to work with it. When I get it serviced, gonna look into getting it corrected.

That's a pity, seems to be similar to the others I've heard, poorish tube threads possible. At least it can be corrected, if all came to all these have very similar crown to the older smps, so old smp gen crown and tube mod for these is a good possibility...unlike the CPO reps which not a lot can be done with.

yukishredder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/10
funny...danise thinks its bigger than 42. Half assed photos that distort the real size, plus my arms are kinda big. Nope. it's the 41mm and a sizable 41 at that. Actually heftier than I expected it would be.

yes, I forgot the rotor shot (...WTF!!!!) will include those in the review for Ryan. Also thinking about doing a short video so u can see it spinning...couldn't find one when I was researching it.

Look forward to your review
Thinking of getting this as my first omega

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Hey guys, bezel engraved like a Sub C or Smooth as it should be? Thanks for in put in the new Ceramic seamaster appears to have this same issue. Why miss these details I will never know. Seems like a crucial detail on a bad ass watch!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icpsUtNdw-k"]Omega James Bond 50th Anniversary Watch - YouTube[/ame]

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
Yeah but frankly, having all the numbers engraved is a much better feature. Omega should have done this with the gen.

MonsterVette

Horology Curious
17/7/14
Awesome review. Looking at picking up one of these from the same dealer! Is it holding up well so far?