• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Must be REPPED - Basel2018 World Premiere -> NEW GMT MASTER II PEPSI IN STAINLESS STEEL - Ref 126710

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
honestly the BLRO WG version has been out since 2014 and not a single version has a remotely acceptable or accurate bezel...I don't even believe there are any ceramic ones out.

Reactions: Nivka

Pombok

12/1/17
That Pepsi is iconic, whichever factory gets that insert correct will make a fortune. Maybe spongebob and his friends in Taiwan can work it out.

Spectre007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/17
This will be released by factories quickly as a chip shop watch using parts of other models, but the new lug shape etc will be forgotten about for sure

No doubt we'll see plenty of subpar early releases. This is one to be patient for. Got to see how the movement works out and of course how the watch looks. Lots of tiny details here and there is certainly going to be errors.

We don't even have a really good BLNR Rep yet so I'd be patient.

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
:p

xDiTLh4.jpg

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Shame you can't put am oyster braclett on this watch.rolex said it won't fit.

Reactions: domsdaddy123

Phwtan

14/11/14
Notice the new anti counterfeit measure ? There's a crown at 6pm, in between SWISS MADE

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Shame you can't put am oyster braclett on this watch.rolex said it won't fit.

Really?

i was wondering about that. Imagine plunking down 30k for the WG version and then they come out with this.. Im not sure how I would feel about that but i guess "better" knowimg that an otster bracelet womt fit. .Thats really interesting...

As for repping this one, its a pipe dream. The bezel will never look good. And if by some grace of god they are able to rep the bezel, the only way the hands and caseshape and crown position will look good is if they develop another new movement and come out with a yuki 3186 or SH3186..Im not saying they cant do it, Im just saying I doubt they will ....but Im praying they do!!!

ive given up complaining for a while now that we have a real clone 4130...I cant wait to see
how that develops, only good things ahead fellas

twowheelsdaily

1/10/16
Notice the new anti counterfeit measure ? There's a crown at 6pm, in between SWISS MADE

I noticed that as well. I think it may be partly anti counterfeit and partly just to distinguish from the WG version. Yes, we know the WG bracelet wont fit on the new case due to lug shape etc but it also prevents someone from selling the head only and claiming it to be WG. Once again, not entirely sure but I think its a mix of both. Also, I didn't see it implemented on any of the other new releases which makes me think it more to distinguish new model, new movement, etc.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I noticed that as well. I think it may be partly anti counterfeit and partly just to distinguish from the WG version. Yes, we know the WG bracelet wont fit on the new case due to lug shape etc but it also prevents someone from selling the head only and claiming it to be WG. Once again, not entirely sure but I think its a mix of both. Also, I didn't see it implemented on any of the other new releases which makes me think it more to distinguish new model, new movement, etc.

The other new GMTs (rootbeer) have it too

baschi

Horology Curious
10/6/13
Where is the difference between the old pepsi and the new basel world edition?

sierra-tango

Known Member
15/3/18
Well, first we need to define "old" with a reference number.
In case you mean the white gold 116719 BLRO then:
- new Pepsi is in stainless steel
- jubilee bracelet
- printing on the dial, Rolex crown above 30 minute marker

dmnk

14/4/18
That't rosegold or as rolex calls it everose.