• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MR Review: Bell & Ross BR03-92

jwhairybob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/10
Well, here's my first post - been lurking the forums for just a bit now, and decided to jump in to the world of reps!

I've been emailing with MR for the past couple days and have a BR03-92 on the way from him. He just sent the photos yesterday and it's exactly what I asked for - black face with the black rubber strap, and for a really great price (the best that I've found so far). I wasn't super concerned with needing the most perfect rep, just something to get started with that I'll have fun wearing. I went with the 03-92 because I really wanted to have the date function - I'm always looking down at my current watch for that.

Well, we'll see when it comes in (I'll definitely try and put an update up).

And even though I'm new, I've read enough threads to realize that the first response will be for pics, so here's some of the photos that he sent me before putting it in the mail (click for bigger):

hooligan76

Known Member
4/7/10
Looks great! I just ordered a BR02 from MR that is currently en route to my house, can't wait to see it in person because the pics looked amazing. Hope yours is everything you're wanting!

jwhairybob

2/7/10
Well, I'm anxious to get the watch in the mail. It's been listed as "Despatch from Sorting Center" in Guangzhou since the ninth...* Is that a good thing?

jwhairybob

2/7/10
I actually just got it in the mail yesterday and have been wearing it today. It looks and works great! I just gave it a couple shakes when I got it unpacked and it started right up. I'm really satisfied with MR's service and product.

jwhairybob

2/7/10
I'm traveling right now and only have an internet connection from my iPad, so can't put this on photobucket, but here's a dropbox link to a wristshot from last night:

http://db.tt/kbNSAf

jwhairybob

2/7/10
Does anyone know what the water resistance is like on these? Okay in the rain, shower, pool?

SMIDSY

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
water resistance: with no mods mine with the help of D4ME and some silicone grease survived 6atm....

dbrinch

Renowned Member
31/1/10
Calgary, Canada
Just received mine yesterday. Im impressed with the speed. I'll post a review later, however I noticed that the crown is not a screw down crown. Is this correct? how can you check for water resistance if its not a screw down crown?

SMIDSY

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
nice thread!

do you think its safe to wear this watch in the shower?

In my experience and I am sure that most people here will agree you need to test each watch individually. My rep BR03-92 will do 6atm but Kent who waterproofed it doesnt recommend swimming as any nudge of the crown and you can be screwed... remember this doesn't have a screw in crown and the gen is only to 10 atm... Not like others where the gens are built to go much deeper....

hope this helps!

jwhairybob

2/7/10
I asked MR the same thing, and this is what he said:

"Don't swim or shower with the watch without special water resistance service please, though makers claim watches are water resistant. They're reps mate."

JellyJoe

28/9/09
I asked MR the same thing, and this is what he said:
"Don't swim or shower with the watch without special water resistance service please, though makers claim watches are water resistant. They're reps mate."

He is right.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
B&R reps are particularly known for their lack of water resistance out a the box, and for being a pain in the a$$ to waterproof.

SMIDSY

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
B&R reps are particularly known for their lack of water resistance out a the box, and for being a pain in the a$$ to waterproof.

the GENS have even been known to leak.... so if the gens arn't great the reps sure as hell wont be.