• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MP4-12C (info + pic)

Low Man

Horology Curious
4/7/11
Hi,

Currently have this on my selling list....
Will post a few pics of original one and the afterward followed by the replicas.
Will mention some flaws in the end of this post.

What is Tag Heuer Carrera MP4-12C?

The View From Jean-Christophe Babin

The last word on the new TAG Heuer Carrera Mp4-12C should go to TAG Heuer CEO Jean-Christophe Babin, who had the following to say about the new watch:

Calibre 11: Tell us a bit about the development of the watch
JCB: Ah, this is an amazing thing. We’d made an exceptional owners watch with the original SLR, which you could buy only if you bought the car and it was a fantastic success. A lot of SLR buyers did indeed end up buying the watch…many bought two, which was the maximum allowed per car.

As so based on that successful experience, when Ron Dennis told us that he would launch a new McLaren car, he asked us if we would consider doing what we did a few years back for the SLR- for us it was obvious: we’ve been partners with McLaren for 26 years, so when we saw the first photograph of the car, it was just amazing with the carbon chassis and it was a challenge and a privilege.

C11: How involved were the McLaren design team with the Carrera?
JCB: So we have worked very closely with the designers so that the face of the watch will be as close as possible to the face of the car. We had a lot of back and forth with their designers, working sessions with our designers going to the MTC and vice-versa until we cam e to something very close to the car dashboard, but of course with different functions. For the first time on the dial we’ve mixed Carbon-fibre and sapphire for the window , which looks amazing in daylight, and the watch shows how the Carrera case can be versatile, from ultra high-tech like the MP4-12C to virtually vintage like the Mikrograph.

Then we looked for a special movement which is unique to that Chronograph- we don’t use it for any other model and its based on the Dubois Depraz 4900- an impressive Chronograph with fly-back.

C11: And finally: Availability and Pricing?
[FONT=&quot]JCB: It’s a unique piece that will be sold to the car owners and will be featured in the flagship stores that McLaren is starting to open and we may also sell it in a selected number of our own boutiques, so distribution will be extremely exclusive [1000 watches] with a price of USD14,000.[/FONT]

Pictures of Originals (from cali*bre11.com):
P1173947-WM.jpg

P1174000-WM.jpg

P1174012-WM.jpg

P1174011-WM.jpg

P1174026-WM.jpg

P1174016-WM.jpg

Mikrograph-1-WM2.jpg

Pictures of Replicas:

FLAWS:

• The sun dial on the replicas was not found on the genuine (bottom< near 6) but it did work flawlessly.
  • The chrono on the leaft hand side(9) and right hand side (3) was not in the perfect copy of the genuine.
  • The date font used was different from the genuine.

Apart from that, most of the part was completely copied..
I hope this review is quite good enough for you. Let me know should I 've done somethin wrong.. :)

Grand Sport

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/11
Nice. Makes me want one. But I'd only wear it with a steel band. Does it come available with one?

Low Man

Horology Curious
4/7/11
Nice. Makes me want one. But I'd only wear it with a steel band. Does it come available with one?
Unfortunately it only comes with a leather as in the genuine one.
And yes, they have the green version as well.

Will start selling this on weekend after I took some picture with my details.
Watch the member selling section this weekend. :) Will try to recreate the original picture.. :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Nice watch the gen
But the reps...

miffy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/8/11
Shame about the sun dial. That completely ruins it for me.

Has anyone got one from Timeshop?

Low Man

Horology Curious
4/7/11
Shame about the sun dial. That completely ruins it for me.

Has anyone got one from Timeshop?
It was a shame.... Currently trying to sell them on the member section... Figuring out how to upload.. :)