• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movie clip showing inside of a Breitling Blackbird ;)

whoizit

Horology Curious
7/7/09
me too - I quite liked that.

Can't wait to hear what the experts think / have to say (so I can add more knowledge to my baggie...)

D

d4m.test

Yeah, that's about how tight the case backs are on most of these watches when shipped! (I realize you loosened it, but I swear the last two watches Ive ordered have arrived nearly that loose)
And Ive never seen an A7750 that spun the rotor when the crown was turned...

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
CBR said:
Yeah, that's about how tight the case backs are on most of these watches when shipped! (I realize you loosened it, but I swear the last two watches Ive ordered have arrived nearly that loose)

i have had eta's and asian 7750's spin the rotor when winding, it's called helocoptering. it can be a sign the movement needs to be serviced but i have also had them do it when you let them sit for a long time. i have had them do it and wear them for a couple of days and never do it again.

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
I know this sounds a little paranoid

but could you remove "replica" of the title ?

Dont need ppl seeing how good our reps are getting
:)

zuescotton

Known Member
6/7/09
seventhexile said:

lol I want to see a genuine video for comparison on the back.. How hard is the movement to tell apart?

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i am not sure the op posted the vid on you tube. the breitling source forum has uploaded many rep reviews and shows the flaws of the latest breitling reps on you tube.

zuescotton

Known Member
6/7/09
awesome! I'll be touring into the new territory tonight. I have checked out a few of the replica forums, haven't toured Breitling yet!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
the breitling source is a gen forum but they stay abreast of the rep world so they can recognize a rep.

coling

17/10/08
hk45ca said:
i am not sure the op posted the vid on you tube. the breitling source forum has uploaded many rep reviews and shows the flaws of the latest breitling reps on you tube.

This would surely be someone from one of the main fora's & I bet somebody is or knows the source>? :?

coling

17/10/08
hk45ca said:
the breitling source is a gen forum but they stay abreast of the rep world so they can recognize a rep.

Ahh Haa how many gen owners do you reckon join a gen forum?

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i don't know, there are members here that belong to the rolex and panerai forums.

zap99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/09
twofrompsu said:

Was that an Ironic comment ? :)

CBR said:

The scary part is that I dont have any tools for that kind of case back lid but it actually just accidently came loose when I was about to try a leather bracelet. My other watches that is with screw down casebacks seems to be tightended better. This one I just locked back by using a "poly-grip". Not really the "politically right" way to do it but that was what I had. Using some rubber grip things didnt tight it enough....

seventhexile said:

Ok I have adjusted the text :)

hk45ca said:

I posted the video. Since someone gave me a comment here to remove the replica text, I just did...

hk45ca said:
i don't know, there are members here that belong to the rolex and panerai forums.

Cut the crap with the rumour creations.. I made the video, I would´nt have made it if the caseback had´nt accidently came loose, its an illustration combined with somewhat of a indication on how unreliable some pieces are. I dont know if the rotor should spin like that but it looks logical since it is that thing that winds it up when the wrist is moving. But right now I tested it again and the rotor has started to wobble so that the whole watch is shaking when I wind the crown. The watch Is working fine all the way apart from this. Maybe I should visit some non-AD repair shop....

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
Thank you for changing the title.

Again.. better safe then sorry

For anyone who cares,

I'm one of the members whos also on the gen rolex forums.

I dont post pics of my reps.. and I dont own any gens...
but I do contribute in chatting away w/ ppl and helping with any questions as best I can.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
zap99 said:
twofrompsu said:

Was that an Ironic comment ? :)

CBR said:

The scary part is that I dont have any tools for that kind of case back lid but it actually just accidently came loose when I was about to try a leather bracelet. My other watches that is with screw down casebacks seems to be tightended better. This one I just locked back by using a "poly-grip". Not really the "politically right" way to do it but that was what I had. Using some rubber grip things didnt tight it enough....

seventhexile said:

Ok I have adjusted the text :)

hk45ca said:

I posted the video. Since someone gave me a comment here to remove the replica text, I just did...

hk45ca said:

Cut the crap with the rumour creations.. I made the video, I would´nt have made it if the caseback had´nt accidently came loose, its an illustration combined with somewhat of a indication on how unreliable some pieces are. I dont know if the rotor should spin like that but it looks logical since it is that thing that winds it up when the wrist is moving. But right now I tested it again and the rotor has started to wobble so that the whole watch is shaking when I wind the crown. The watch Is working fine all the way apart from this. Maybe I should visit some non-AD repair shop....

ok......

i am not sure where you are going with this, maybe i didn't say it very clearly. sometimes when i post something i think i am the only one that knows what i am talking about so i will try to be a little more clear.

you don't need to change the title because the breitling source forum posts reviews on all the good breitling reps,

[youtube:2qktmtai]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uEIgz3x9tU&feature=channel[/youtube:2qktmtai]

cut the crap with the rumor creations? i was just letting everybody here know there are a lot of members on this forum that belong to many gen forums.

http://www.rolexforums.com/index.php
http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/
http://www.breitlingsource.com/
http://www.paneristi.com/
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=index&rid=67520
http://forums.watchuseek.com/index.php
http://watchtalkforums.proboards.com/index.cgi?#general
http://www.pmwf.com/Phorum/index.php

these are the gen forums i belong to and most of my time is split between here and the rolex forum. i wear a gen gmt2c and my wife wears a platinum yacht master. both z seires bought new.

hope this helps,

hk

zap99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/09
Awesome looking watches!
Especially when combined with the boxes they look maybe even better ;D

Have You compared a rolex gen to a replica side by side and the overall feeling of them?

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i have my wife's ym, she has a rep she also wears. it is ok but not as smooth and the dial color isn't as as good as it should be.

i offered to do a review with a rep gmt2c when they first came out compared to my gen. jandrew and co were touting them as a 1 to 1 rep but there were many flaws. they sent one to somebody on rep geek instead where they knew they would get a great review and they did.

i was basically told i was just jealous because i had wasted my money on a gen. the hype machine convinced everybody these were great.

a few weeks went by and slowly the movement failures started showing up but nobody wanted to say anything in fear of retribution from all of the jandrew fanboys. word slowly started to spread anyway until now everybody knows to stay clear of a chs movement and the clasp, overall finishing and bezel insert issues have been corrected. in the beginning allot of people got ripped off on these and ended up with very expensive paper weights.

they are much better and cheaper now, everybody knows the chs is a pos and to this day nobody has ever sent me one to review. my gen is still worth what i paid for it and those 400.00 chs movement watches are broke.

here is just one of the many threads about this.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtop ... gmt+master

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Right there with you. I hollered from the rooftops. And to this day people are still buying them. It's still recommended by people all the time at cc.