• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movements Guide for Noobs.

jahnaosei

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/15
Many thanks ! Great info, gotta be honest don't understand the pictures really but thanks !

Stargeezer64

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/15
Excellent discussion. So if the 7750 is designed for subdials at 6, 9 and 12, it would be appropriate for a Breitling World, but the Chronomat has the subdials at 3,6, and 9, so the 7753 would be more appropriate? But that movement seems rare. I have seen it on a Mount Blanc but not in a Breitling yet ( my favorite brand ). So extra gears are used to move the dials on the 7750 for the Chonomat layout? Not as good due to that?

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
Any idea where to source the seagull ST1722 crazy hours movement? Can't find it on Cousins or Ofrei websites?

Can't even ask Luth as he hasn't been around for some time.

ripponlea

Renowned Member
24/4/15
Hope I'm not going OT but I have a question.

One of my watches has a particularly noisy movement such that I can hear the rotor spinning. I don't know what movement it is specifically but it's automatic with a date function.

It keeps time just fine and doesn't bother me much but I'm just curious if this may indicate a poorly assembled movement?

Thanks.

pimprider

Looking Around
17/8/15
Thank you for the great overview. I got a better understanding now. Is there a movement which is the most 'reliable' one?

kurtvado

24/8/15
Thanks for the informations. Made it really clear about which movement is not risky and so on.

Thenextpage

Known Member
8/8/14
I am curious where the 23j automatic fits normally (particularly the one used in cartier tank mc and jlc master geographic). Are they just modified 21j (22j) or is there a 23j movement from sea-gull?

Has anyone found an answer to this? I'm shopping for a rep with a "23J" movement, but I'm having trouble finding exactly what that is. Trying to decide if I should choose a 7750 or 23J, for durability and overall quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anforme

Looking Around
27/5/15
Hi guys, I'm an italian student. I would start to know more about mechanical watches movement to replay with CREO Parametric (a 3D Cad software) a real working movement. The problem is that i don't know where I can find the scketch and also the dimension about this movement. Thank you.

Zeinharis

I'm Pretty Popular
17/1/16

Watch-addict

Renowned Member
23/5/15
U.K
How easy is it to regulate a seagull 2530 auto? Got a Pam with the working power reserve & exhibition back and been trying to get timekeeping back on track after loose case screw stopped the rotor.

chefzorba

20/5/16
Charlestown, SC
It's thread like these that I keep finding that are so informative and packed with info that will make my rep purchases and upkeep in general easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk