• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

movement.

tommo92

Looking Around
14/5/12
i have an omega speedmaster professional replica. unfortunatley the counter balance pin has snapped andim thinking rather than it be repaired, it would work out better replacing the movement. any ideas which movement i should choose or which ones will fit?? i know its an injustice but cheapest possible please!

Royster629

5/1/11
Seagull ST-19 (venus 175 clone)? About $110 from Alpha Watch, could be cheaper sellers.

tommo92

Looking Around
14/5/12
thanks, by the way im in the uk, i take it that movemwnt is sold worldwide? and as you say may be cheaper elsewhere on the net? can i ask why this movement is best eg. pro's and con's.thanks again.

Royster629

5/1/11
It's the movement used in a lot of speedmaster replicas, is handwind and a real workhorse of a movement. I believe it was one of the first Chinese cloned movement and the tools were bought from the Swiss back in the day. Here's a link to an interesting article:

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/91877-lemania-2310-venus-175-seagull-st-19/

Could be sold worldwide, definitely out of China.

Link to movement for sale at Alpha Watch

http://www.alpha-watch.com/details.php?myid=808

They used to sell a homage of the speedmaster with this movement but don't see it on their site now. It's in their Paul Newman Daytons homages (I have 3) and are great watches/movements.

tommo92

Looking Around
14/5/12
thanks, your info has been very usefull, ive infact a;ready looked into the history of the movement and its pre-decessors. according to info i have read this movement is the leading movement for what it does on the market. for the price range anyway. thanks again, much appreciated.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
If you order from alpha, order and forget about it until it arrives. I waited two months for my paul newman red dial.