• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most loved watch (design) features

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
I do like a day/date. I just like knowing its one less thing I have to remember. Also, I know some have mentioned they don't care for them but I do have a few PVD cased watches that are nice. And gotta' have a cyclops for the date. A day/date oblong cyclops is even better. In fact, I like a cyclops at the 12/3/6/9 positions. The more cyclopes the better! LOL! 👁️

• Haha
Reactions: KJ2020 and Feefo

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
Although there are many beautiful watch bracelet designs, the Rolex oyster bracelet has always been my favourite since the moment that is saw it. There’s just something about it that seems so timeless and elegant.

Reactions: Feefo and KJ2020

Repeth

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
Definitively the Rolex glidelock. The main reason Rolex always stays in the rotation is because of how comfortable they are to wear no matter what I'm doing that day.

KruisingKhaos95

Doctor Leather
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
It's gotta be the quick release bracelet system that Cartier (and now some other brands) use. Such a simple yet ingenious design feature, makes changing the strap so much easier and can even be done on the fly!

Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
It's gotta be the quick release bracelet system that Cartier (and now some other brands) use. Such a simple yet ingenious design feature, makes changing the strap so much easier and can even be done on the fly!
Didn't know about that, just watched a youtube video, that's fantastic! I need one!

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Interesting how love spans from merely functional elements (e.g. clasps) to purely decorative ones (engraving).Still, there's alot in between that hasn't been mentioned. Apart from @KJ2020 contribution I'm surprised to not see anything about dials. I love a good sunburst. I tend to stick to "classic" dial colors, fancy colored dials don't really speak to me.

Reactions: Repeth and KJ2020

Frank_NRW

Supporter
Certified
24/2/22
France / Germany
What about alarms ?....like the Buran which is the using the Poljot Alarm caliber 2612.
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned this. Who needs an Apple watch when you can have a nice little mechanical buzzer...

Reactions: Feefo and Itto

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Rolex Deepsea Bracelet Adjustment. I dont know why all manufacturers and all Rolexes dont have this feature. My wrist gets bigger and smaller during the day. So why not have a simple tool-less way to adjust the bracelet to get it just right. All watches with all types of bands should have this type of micro adjustment.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
I love Gemstone Dial watches, in solid Ruby / Emerald / Jade / Malachite / Lapislazuli

Piaget-Stone-Dial2.jpg__760x0_q75_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale-false.jpg

Look at this Altiplano, awesome

Piaget-Stone-Dial5.jpg__760x0_q75_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale-false.jpg

Soon or Later i will buy in Gen somthing like this....fantastic !

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Bump for this, I'm sure there's more love to give. Seen the "most hated" resurrected recently and had to think how we always tend to concentrate on the "bad" instead of the "good" ("hated" thread: 7 pages / "loved" thread: 2!). And 'm the first here, posted the "hated" first...

Back on topic. I love thin watches. Not just for the technological challenge to put everything within 8-9 mm thickness and less, but because they're damn comfortable. Love how comfy the Aquanaut wears.

Reactions: Haltec

OI812

17/3/06
G M T...... pretty much any reliable GMT. I've traveled a lot for several decades, sometimes many timezones away from home. The GMT complication has proven its worth on countless occasions over the years.

Reactions: Feefo