• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MOON WATCH 50th anny from HONT it s the day to post!

buckwheat922

Horology Curious
26/2/09
I know you have only had the Moon Watch for a few days, has the movement kept accurate time and do the chrono's all function? Do you think the manual movement is a good movement?

Menno86

Looking Around
1/8/09
Hello, i am an replica newbie...I would like to know where you bought this watch? What do you mean by Hont? is that a website?

MEYER8888

Renowned Member
19/9/07
Menno86 said:
Hello, i am an replica newbie...I would like to know where you bought this watch? What do you mean by Hont? is that a website?
Hont doesn t have really a full web site, but yes it s a dealer here, you find info in dealer section

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
guru said:
It is a nice looking watch my friend but it is a fantasy watch. As hambone said, it is the 40th anniversary, the real anniversary watch has the eagle on the 9 position at the second counter. http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=1318
Different anniversary, and not a fantasy watch. This watch was one of several types of limited-edition Speedmasters made to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the original Speedmaster (CK2915). See this page at the company website. Omega's ref# is 311.30.42.30.01.001.

Not a bad rep as far as Speedies go! Aside from the subdials, though, the biggest tell is the flat glass. Whether sapphire or hesalite, you need that bulgy crystal to sell the look.

DAVIKENII

Known Member
12/3/09
Very Very nice choice sylvain , as always .
i love this watch , but still wear the HBB for the moment ;)

MEYER8888

Renowned Member
19/9/07
tHANKS HooQ nice links thats you find
thanks too daviken, see you soon again

smithy37

3/2/09
LHOOQ said:
guru said:
It is a nice looking watch my friend but it is a fantasy watch. As hambone said, it is the 40th anniversary, the real anniversary watch has the eagle on the 9 position at the second counter. http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=1318
Different anniversary, and not a fantasy watch. This watch was one of several types of limited-edition Speedmasters made to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the original Speedmaster (CK2915). See this page at the company website. Omega's ref# is 311.30.42.30.01.001.

Not a bad rep as far as Speedies go! Aside from the subdials, though, the biggest tell is the flat glass. Whether sapphire or hesalite, you need that bulgy crystal to sell the look.

I am so glad that this is a real watch and not a fantasy. I must admit I found it kinda strange how the rep factories could get this so wrong.

As for Meyer's pictures....Simply stunning (as usual)
Thanks for sharing.

valasko

Looking Around
9/8/09
Nice watch. How much was it?
Have you purchased any other watches from Hont?
Newbie to this whole process....

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
valasko said:
Nice watch. How much was it?
Have you purchased any other watches from Hont?
Newbie to this whole process....

welcome,

heres honts reviews.

viewforum.php?f=179

if you want to look at any other dealers and their reviews it is towards the bottom of the home page.

look to spend anywhere between $29.99 to $600 here. :D
finding the best price for a watch is not too hard once you start looking. its all fairly standard and you will get the hang of it. i personally try not to spend more than 300 on a rep though. my natural expectations for a rep go up the more i spend but that is unrealistic in this game. your expectations on a rep should only go so far. even if you were to spend 600 on a rep you shouldnt expect a gen to arrive on your door step. be realistic, they are reps.

enjoy your stay here.

valasko

Looking Around
9/8/09
Just got mine from Hont, nice watch......
Very accurate description and photo by Meyer.
Thanks Meyer for posting your review.

First Replica watch purchase, won't be my last!

MEYER8888

Renowned Member
19/9/07
REWIEW IS MADE FOR THAT, thanks for kind words
i hope you enjoy yours, for price, plase direct ask to hont

guillaumelou

Known Member
27/2/09
Salut Sylvain, excellent choix, cette montre est une légende ! Elle me titille aussi ! lol !
Je viens de commander (enfin !) la GMT Master II chez Hont et la prochaine sera sans aucun doute une Submariner de chez WM9 !

Hi Sylvain excellent choice, this watch is a legend ! I'm thinking of it too ! I have ordered the GMT Master II with Hont today and the next one will be the WM9 Submariner for sure !

D

d4m.test

The rep is pretty good. Three things jump out at me.

1. Sub dial spacing. Gen is closer notice the 3, 6 & 9 marker.
2. Caseback of the 50th Anniv was not an exhibition case.
3. The crystal as previously stated is not flat.

There were actually 2 models of the 50th Anniv. One like this rep that had 5957 pieces and a CoAxial 44mm model that was 1957 pieces. This one had the number on the face (1234 / 1957) which was enamel.

Rep should look more like this one.

50th_smmall.jpg

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I recently saw a second hand gen of the "brother" of this (normal version, not moon one) and its was very reasonable

IF the gen is available at a good price and the reps are not that crash hot, I reckon its better to buy the gen in this case

wat$$