• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

modding my PO

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
pearl is finally done...looks better now.

it's my first modded rep...i will try to improve my skills for future watches.

9-13.jpg

9-14.jpg

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Really good job Fleed. Si puedes me mandas un PM de las cosas que utilizastes para hacer el trabajo. Gracias.

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
First time I see this post and the work done is awesome!! Congrats !!!

vaccum

onj

Known Member
5/3/07
planning to do the same , how hard is to do the hands?

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
onj said:
planning to do the same , how hard is to do the hands?

reluming the hands is probably harder than reluming the dial.

first you need to remove them from the movement, than remove the old lume with solvent.
this hands are extremly delicate, because the surface is polished you will see any small scratches on it (dont use metalig twezers, use plastic ones).

when the hands are clean from old lume you can aply the new lume from the backside, it is very importand to get the right consitency on the lume for correct aplication.

this is the list of the tools + material you need for a good lumejob.

-case opener
-case holder
-movement holder
-toll for removing & installing hands
-oiler for lume aplication (there are different sizes)
-lume kit
-rodico
-a good spotlamp helps to dry faster the lume (be carefull, to much heat = fast drying = lume expands not nicely).
-tool to remove dust
-magnifier
-dentalsticks (for holding the hands)

you need calm hands for good results, i would sugest to try it on some cheap watches before starting to relume one of this nice watches...there is no vay back after wrong reluming (you cant remove the lume without damage the dial).

good luck.

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
vaccum said:
First time I see this post and the work done is awesome!! Congrats !!!

vaccum

thank you vaccum...your watchworks are also impressive, i like to read your reviews.

E J

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/06
Thanks for everything Fleed. You know what you should be the first to post a Relume Tutorial with tons of pics for all us noobs trying to destroy some watches reluming them. :D

What size oiler did you use to applicate lume?

Please keep up the posts they are great!

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
E J said:
Thanks for everything Fleed. You know what you should be the first to post a Relume Tutorial with tons of pics for all us noobs trying to destroy some watches reluming them. :D

i will try to make a photo tutorial about reluming (my next project is a custom submariner for a friend).

What size oiler did you use to applicate lume?

i use the black oiler (one of the smallest).

trekracer20

29/12/06
You did a great job on that PO. I've re-lumed a couple watches now, with varying levels of success.

Did you remove the old lume, or just apply the lume on top of the old? If you did remove the old dial lume, how did you do it?

How many coats of lume did you put on? I used C1 on a rolex 16610 and it wasn't nearly as bright as your PO, but I only used one coat.

What solvent did you use to remove the lume from the hands? I've always just scraped it off, but felt that using a solvent might be a better way of doing it.

Thanks in advance, and great job! I look forward to seeing more from you.

Trek

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
trekracer20 said:
Did you remove the old lume, or just apply the lume on top of the old? If you did remove the old dial lume, how did you do it?

i removed the old lume (on this model the old lume ie easy to remove popping up with a small screwdriver, dont use any disolvent on the dial).

How many coats of lume did you put on? I used C1 on a rolex 16610 and it wasn't nearly as bright as your PO, but I only used one coat.

my lume is custom made and is brighter than normal superluminova...i used a trick to get better lume results;

first coat is made by lume mixed with white pigments and the second and final coat is made with my custom lume.

What solvent did you use to remove the lume from the hands? I've always just scraped it off, but felt that using a solvent might be a better way of doing it.

i use disolvent for removing nailpaint which is not that agressive like normal paint disolvent...simply let the hands 15min on the disolvent.

Thanks in advance, and great job! I look forward to seeing more from you.

Trek

therebel

Renowned Member
10/1/07
RWI donation made to Fleed, this guy is really helpful

Thanks Fleed and looking forward to your photo tutorial :D

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
therebel said:
RWI donation made to Fleed, this guy is really helpful

Thanks Fleed and looking forward to your photo tutorial :D

thank you therebel...i will try to contribute the best i can. ; )

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
update:

today relumed two PO's

first one...the peral is not relumed yet.

reluuu.jpg

DSCN9511.jpg

DSCN9515.jpg

DSCN9520.jpg

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
very nice job....awesome lume....!! - and very convincing pictures !
Marbella rules ! - the rich and beautiful !!

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
and the second one is something special to me.

reluming + custom hands (brushed and golden).

Bild056.jpg

newrelume4.jpg

bruno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/06
Wow! Really great work. Thanks for posting all of the pics. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wishes I had the skills to do what you've done.

fleed

Known Member
3/2/07
piratedzeus said:
Is the Omega logo on the last picture turned a bit to the left?

yes, and the funny thing is...all my four PO's have simmilar issues...the damm logo seems to be turned to the left.

the one with red numbers had the logo very badly turned to the left, i turned it a bit with a dental stick, but they are glued with a strong glue, there is to much risk for dammaging the dial.

i think the logos are looking better now (but still not 100% perfect)

Bild.jpg